Surprise!!

Surprise!! 

You guys surprised me by giving so many votes to the last chapter. It's only been three days and the last chapter already has over 20 votes! Woohoo... So, yeah... I wanted to give you guys a bonus/surprise chapter too. Love ya!

___________________

Halfway through my analysis, I receive a phone call from an unknown number. I stop pushing buttons on my keyboard and stare at the phone for a while before answering it.

"Leigh-Anna?" I hear a familiar voice on the other end and sigh.

"Cami. I thought you'd never call," I say as I lean back in my chair.

"I thought so too," she mutters, leaving me confused. "But I wanted to personally thank you for saving our lives. How about I do that over coffee?"

"Oh! Um..." Even though I was the one who asked to help, her invite throws me off guard. Given that Zayn and I have to drive to his parent's house tonight, I am not really sure if it's possible. She senses my hesitation.

"It's okay if you don't want to," she says, sounding dispirited. It makes me feel guilty.

"Cami, I'd love to meet you. How about five at Emily's?"

There's silence for a few seconds before she speaks.

"Great! I'll see you there."

After disconnecting the call, I stare at my phone for a bit before shaking my head and getting back to work.

The rest of the day goes by quickly like every Friday does and I walk out with James. It isn't until I'm out that I realize I haven't informed Zayn about it. Shit! He's definitely going to be mad at me. I quickly take my phone out and call him but he doesn't pick up. Perhaps he's in a final meeting. I drop a text.

Hey. I'm meeting Cami at the café close to the office. Don't worry, I have James and Theo with me.

James and Theo walk behind me as we enter the café. I find an empty table at the center while the men sit towards the window. I look at my phone and see a text come through.

Who's Cami? Wait! The woman you helped, her name is Cami??

I frown at the text. Why does he seem jumpy all of a sudden? I hit reply.

Yes. Why?

I watch Cami enter the shop and place my phone in my bag. She spots me and instantly smiles. As she approaches me, I stand up to give her a brief hug before settling down.

"I didn't know your preferences, so I didn't order," I tell her in all honesty. Most people in England preferred tea, at least the ones I knew.

She smiles. "It's okay."

I call the waitress and each of us gives out our order.

"Thank you for meeting me," Cami says as the waitress leaves, "and thank you for saving my life."

"You can thank me by introducing me to Jaxon. Where is he?" I ask, my eyebrows drawing together.

"Oh, he's sleeping. I have my neighbor watching him," she says. The waitress comes back with our orders, acting as a distraction.

"You have an American accent," Cami states as I take a sip of my coffee.

"Yes, I sure do. American by heart, but it's been five years since I call London my home," I tell her. From the corner of my eye, I notice James talking to someone on his Bluetooth while Theo keeps an eye around.