Breakthrough

Breakfast was a feast. I ate almost every pancake there was in the menu and actually managed to finish them. Zayn ate his scrambled eggs like a true British man and watched me dip my pancake in tons of honey and maple syrup.

After breakfast, I took Zayn home to meet Annma, since it was high time she met my boyfriend. Boyfriend. The word sounds weird knowing it is being referred to Zayn. It was a funny meet as Annma kept asking him tons of questions. I could see the discomfort and fear in his eyes.

Annma kept feeding him and offering him more food. By the time my grandmother had left, Zayn was already bloated and cursed under his breath, talking about how he'd have to work really hard to get these out of his system. I just chuckled at his expression and for the first time, I felt like Zayn and I were a couple. A normal couple.

Right now, we are seated in the hummer I rented for a day. We are outside Harry's house. Zayn looks straight ahead, hands gripping the steering wheel like his life depends on it.

I place my hand over his.

"It's okay if you don't wanna go," I whisper. I know he is not comfortable yet with being around Harry. But then again, he's never been comfortable around any other man involving me, including his own brother Ian.

I extend my hand to smooth his hair down. I almost forgot how smooth and silky his hair were. He takes both my hand into his and kisses them lightly with an emotion I'm not too familiar with.

"I want to do this Leigh-Anna," he says while looking me in the eye. "I promised you more. And I will do anything to give you that."

My heart melts at his words. I can't even imagine this man going so far to have me back into his life. I would have never believed him a few weeks ago, if he said this back then. But now, now I do.

I give him a small smile and we head towards the door. Christina is the one who opens up the door and she greets us in. She is wearing a red sundress that looks amazing on her and matches her hair.

"Harry is cooking in the backyard," Christina pipes and leads us straight to where Harry is barbequing some chicken breasts. They smell amazing and for a moment, I imagine Zayn doing the same but in a more tropical region wearing nothing but shorts.

I look over to Zayn and look him up and down. My imagination gets the best of me and goosebumps emerge on my pale skin.

Zayn looks at me funny and I shake my head whilst blushing. He leans closer to me and whispers, "If it's dirty, I wanna know it."

He smirks down at me as Harry walks towards us. A blush creeps onto my cheeks.

"Hey Harry," I smile as I give him a hug. After we have pulled apart, I notice Zayn taking long breaths.

"Hey," Zayn surprisingly puts his hand forward and speaks, "we didn't get a chance to talk much, but I got drinks."

He raises his right hand that holds a bag with a bottle of wine and a set of beer cans in it. Harry's face splits into two and he shakes Zayn's hand. I bet he is bewildered too, but he looks pleased. I stare at Zayn for a while to see if I came with the right person.

Harry guides Zayn towards the grill and looks back at me with an amused smile. I shrug my shoulders and hear Christina calling me in. I walk into the kitchen and find her making some side dish to go with the barbique chicken.

"They seem to be getting along," Christina interrupts while I'm caramelizing some onions. I look at her and find her looking out the window. I follow her lead and watch Zayn pull his head back and laugh. A smile spreads on my face.