Family Dinner's are the best

OMG WE'RE JUST 50 READS AWAY FROM 2.8K. I LOVE YOU GUYS :*

Like I promised, here are two consecutive chapters. ALSO, Zayn's brother's name is changed to Ian.

Please vote for both the chapters (please) and do read the AN at the end of the next chapter.

Enjoy :) x

"Zayn, hand me the candy canes." I climb a few steps down and stretch my hand out waiting for him to put some in my hand. Zayn and Mr. Malik already put up the lights when we were preparing dinner.

"I'm done and off," Waliyha announces and gets down from the ladder.

"I'm still left with a batch of candy canes and bells around here, if Zayn will give them to me." I look at him. He rolls his eyes and puts the candy canes in my hand. I smile at him and hang them in their respective places. One is quiet far, so I try to shift to my right.

"Leigh-Anna, you'll fall," Zayn says loudly. I mind my step and carefully place it.

"See, I did not." I smile at him. "Now, the bells please."

The room has lighten up so beautifully due to the soft yellow lights wrapped around the tree. He gives me one bell at a time since they are big. I hang them till the tree is fully groomed. I look at it with a satisfactory smile.

"Catch me," I say, looking down at Zayn. I am on quiet a great height.

"What?" his eyes widen.

"Catch me," I repeat and jump against my back. I hope he catches me or I'd end up in a hospital.

To my relief, he does catch me and I let out a sigh of relief and then giggle as I step down from his grip.

"I was scared you wouldn't catch me and I'd end up in a hospital," I say, dramatically putting my hands on my chest and laugh.

"That was not funny, you know." He frowns. I look at him.

"Oh c'mon. It was fun. We should do that often." I walk past him towards the kitchen. Tomorrow is Christmas Eve and Patricia and I spent the rest of our evening baking cookies and other sweets.

"Would you like some wine?" She asks me as I remove the lasagna out of the oven.

"Yeah. Wine sounds great," I tell her with a smile.

I poke a fork into the lasagna to taste it. It is delicious, better than I expected it to be. Patricia takes out two glasses from the cabinet and pours some red wine into them. I take a sip of the wine and hum. It tastes good after the lasagna. Tricia gets the chicken on the serving platter as I drink up.

"It's wonderful," I say as I pour myself another glass.

"Isn't it? We tried it in Italy and that's when I knew I wanted it. So Mr. Malik decided to get a whole barrel of it." I nod my head and sip on my drink.

"We appreciate everything that you are doing Leigh-Anna." She puts her hand on my shoulder. I know she is talking in relation to Zayn, but the truth is that I am not doing anything to him, he is doing everything to me.

"I have never seen him smile and laugh around anyone like that after we got him from the orphanage." Orphanage? Zayn was in an orphanage?

"Orphanage?" I question.

"Yes, it took some time for us to do the paperwork, so he was kept in an orphanage till then," She says softly. None of this makes sense because I don't know anything about his past. I don't know about his real mother or his father. I don't know what happened to them. Ugh, I hate to not know anything about him. I am so confused that I hate myself for falling for his charms.