chapter twenty-eight

| Los Angeles, CA |

"Alright, looks like we're here," Hoseok announced once the driver had stopped by the entrance of the building. 

It had been an hour since Jungkook, Jay, and Taemin had landed to Los Angeles. Jungkook had gotten a last minute text from Taehyung that he wouldn't be able to meet them at the airport so he asked Hoseok to meet them. The fake expressions the two gave each other was rather funny to Jay who could sense the subtle tension and awkwardness between them. Nobody talked much during the drive. 

"Papa is singing here," Taemin as Jungkook held his hand as he jumped out of the limo. They were at the back entrance of the stadium where only personnel could access. The sounds of the crowd waiting to enter could be heard clearly from the other side. 

"Yes, so I need you to be on your best behavior and not let go of my hand otherwise you can get lost," Jungkook informed Taemin. 

"When is he scheduled to perform" Jay asked Hoseok as he took out his earbuds from his ears. 

"He's opening the show actually, the performances from the artists today and the revenue for the show is going towards a charity organization," replied Hoseok. 

They followed Hoseok inside as they past through security and got passes. Hoseok was quick to find his way around and led them past production crew until they reached the dressing rooms. 

"He should be in here getting ready," Hoseok informed everyone. He opened the door and inside were a group of women around Taehyung that were getting him ready to go onstage. 

"Papa," Taemin exclaimed, catching everyone's attention. Taemin broke his hold from Jungkook and ran to where Taehyung was sitting with no care about pushing the ladies out of the way to reach him. 

"Hey buddy, how have you been," Taehyung said with a big smile as he pulled Taemin up to his lap. 

"We came to hear you sing," Taemin responded happily. 

"That's awesome. I hope you guys have a good time," Taehyung said, turning his attention to the rest as they watched the two. 

"Alright Taehyung we got ten minutes before you have to be onstage. Ladies, is everything set-" Namjoon had entered the dressing room when he noticed there were visitors. "Jungkook, boys, it's great to see you all again. Are you here to watch Taehyung perform?"

"I guess we are," Jungkook replied as he glanced back at Taehyung who was getting last minute touches by the ladies. 

"Awesome, well no time to waste. Taehyung, we got to get moving. The place is already filling up," Namjoon told Taehyung. Taehyung nodded and thanked the stylists before walking towards the door with Taemin in his arms. 

"Alright buddy, I have to go," Taehyung told Taemin. 

He put Taemin down and led him back to Jungkook. "You stay with your dad and be good okay," he told Taemin as he grabbed Jungkook's hand once again. Taemin gave Taehyung a big nod. 

Taehyung looked back to Jungkook and Jay. "I'm glad you guys came. After the show we'll get you guys settled in at the house," he said with a smile. Jungkook sent him back a smile and gave him a nod as well. 

"Take care of them," he told Hoseok who was standing next to Jungkook. 

"Will do, have fun okay," Hoseok replied. Hoseok extended his arms around Taehyung and gave him a kiss on the cheek.

"There should be a spot reserved for you guys so make yourselves comfortable. Hope you guys have a great time," Namjoon informed everyone before he and Taehyung waved goodbye and exited the dressing room. 

"So I assume you know where to go," Jay asked Hoseok. 

Hoseok nodded and proceeded to guide everyone out to where the sound of hundreds of people were filling the room. 

As they made their way to their spot they noticed Jihun walking in their direction. 

"Jihun, where have you been? I've been sending you messages for the last hour," Hoseok scolded the teenager once he reached them. 

"Sorry, I had taken a nap in one of the lounge areas," Jihun responded. He turned his attention to the Jungkook and his brothers. "Hey dad, glad to see you again. Hi Taemin...hey Jay."

Jay didn't respond, but Jungkook reached out to hug Jihun along with Taemin who wrapped his arms on Jihun's waist. 

"Alright everyone, we don't want to miss out on Taehyung's performance," Hoseok interrupted, pushing everyone to continue walking. 

By the time they had reach their seats the lights were dimmed all the way down and sound amplified throughout the stadium. The cheers of fans grew louder as smoke appeared on the stage and the colored lights intensified throughout the stage. 

Not long after the concert began the music began to play and the cheers intensified as Taehyung walked on stage, waving at everyone.

"I'm surprised he's opening with a ballad," Jihun said that caught Jay's attention. 

"I never really listened to any of his music. You know, cause I hated his guts," Jay responded which surprised Jihun. 

Jay kept his gaze at the stage, but Jihun didn't feel so weird around his brother now that he knew he didn't sound too displeased to be around him. 

"Well, he usually starts with something upbeat. It's usually his style, but it's nice to see him change it up," Jihun said. 

Jay didn't say anything else and focused on Taehyung's performance. He couldn't deny the fact that he sounded good. He was more surprised at how beautiful he sounded, the way his voice had a deep tone to it when he sang. It filled the room and you could feel the passion he felt when he sang.

He turned his head and looked at his dad to see his reaction. For Jungkook it was like re-watching an old video that brought back early memories. Jungkook was in the same place as Jay. Neither one of them had ever listened to Taehyung singing on stage, living out his dream, the career that he had built for himself. 

"You know something, Jay," Jihun said. Jay turned his attention back to Jihun. 

"Despite what our family has endured, we still manage to meet each other in the middle," Jihun began without breaking his focus on his father on stage. "Even if you've grown to hate our father for what he sacrificed to have what he has now, you never really want him gone."

Jay looked puzzled. "What do you mean?"

"I can tell by the way you are around him. Not to be rude, but you're an asshole to him. But yet I can see he means a lot to you and I'm glad that things are mending between us and our dads. We're all here together because we care for one another. You still admire him despite his imperfections.

Before Jay realized, the song was over and everyone cheered for Taehyung even louder. In a way, he felt Jihun was right even if he didn't see it now. But by looking at Taehyung smiling at the crowd a smile grew on his face as he watched his father bring everyone together through his music. 

****

Sorry again for a late update again. But I hope you guys enjoyed this new chapter. I wasn't sure how I wanted to end this chapter so I hope the ending doesn't disappoint anyone lol.

Remember to leave your comments and vote! Until next time!

- A.