||10||

It's four days later when I finally look and feel well enough to be cleared by the med-jacks to work again. To make up for lost time from being sick, I've been working with the builders two times harder than usual, but as a result I'm exhausted when it's finally time to eat.
"You look like death, Charles" Minho says as I set my food on the the table and slump down on my stool.
"Thanks Minho you too. Where's Thomas ?" I ask, noticing the brunette boy isn't with us. Minho just shrugged and dig into his food.
The guys make small talk as I eat in silence, too tired to keep up conversation. Right as we're about to finish up out supper, Alby and Thomas appear at our table. I turn to them, Thomas's worried face, and Alby's angry being the first thing I notice of them.
"What's wrong, Thomas?" Newt asks, most likely not wanting to face Alby's anger. "What happened?"
Alby, however answers for him, grabbing Newt by the shirt. "What happened? I'll tell ya what happened. Too busy makin' lovey eyes at Charlie here to bother lookin' around the place? To notice what freaking time it is?!"
Newt glances down at his watch, noticing that, to his horror, what time it is.
"The walls, you shank, the Doors, they haven't closed."
After Alby announces that, the next thirty minutes are a complete mass of confusion. Alby, Newt, and Thomas gather all of the keepers and put them in charge of assignments for their groups and getting them into the homestead within an hour.
As Gally is nowhere to be found, I've been placed as a temporary keeper in his place. I was ordered by Newt to round up all of the other builders, and build barricades at each door. We all do our best, but we all know that it won't do much good. I suspect that they're just trying to keep us busy, giving us thing to do.
We stop our building as we realize it's no use, and we've done the best we can with the doors. Instead, I order the Builders to come help set up areas for people to sleep in the homestead.
Just as the last Glasses enter the homestead, and Newt latches the door shut, I hear Grievers moaning somewhere in the maze. I sit in the corner, and try to block out the Griever noises. After a few minutes, I feel someone sit next to me and wrap their arms around me, whispering to me that it'll be okay.
I open my eyes just enough to see that Newt's the person holding me, and smile weakly at him. We sit like that for what feels like an hour, until I give in to my exhaustion and fall asleep, worrying about what'll come in the next few hours.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I'm so sorry for not posting! I've been so busy with school, and having writers block, but I'm back now!
Thank you guys so much for 277 reads!
Just a little shameless self promo: if you like the Walking Dead, you should check out my new story "Creatures in the Night"!