||7||

Its been around a month since l arrived in the Glade, and I've become an almost second in command to Gally. Whenever he has keeper business, l'm in charge of the builders. Take no for example: he's in a meeting to decide the fate of the new greenie I've heard of, Quincy.
"Okay boys! You know the drill. Today we're fixing a leaky roof in the homestead, an easy fix that even you lot can do. Let's get it done in two hours!"
With that we all gather our tools and head out. I'm working on the inside of the roof with one of the other builders, and after about an hour, all is going well, and we are almost finished. The two boys working on the top of the roof are almost halfway finished.
I'm packing my tools, done with the repairs, when l hear cracking sound. Thinking it's just a faulty nail, l go back to replace it. As I'm looking for the nail, the cracks become louder. My eyes widened as l realize what's about to happen. l try to move my legs, but they're frozen in place. Suddenly, roof gives out. I'm on the ground for what feels like hours before any of the other gladers come to see what's happened. Around five people walk in and freeze, taking in the sight: me and two others laying in various unnatural positions surrounded by broken roof. They unfreeze, and a pair of warm arms envelop me, slowly and carefully looking me. l grunt as their arms press into my knee, and try to shift in their grasp.
"Hey, don't move, we'll get you fixed up in no time, love." Newts voice says, distant.
l decide to do as he says, and stay still. As he starts walking, my vision gets blurrier and blurrier. The pain gets to be too much, and l accept the darkness.
Newts POV
The keepers meeting ends as we decide the job fate of the greenie, Quincy. He's to be made a runner. As we finish, we all start heading back to our respective jobs, when we hear a loud crash come from the homestead. Charlie. She told me she was making a repair there this morning. Gally and l share a look before we take off running to the homestead.
When we get there, we freeze. Three figure lay crumpled, surrounded by broken and splintered wood. My eyes search the area before they land on Charlie, in the middle. l run over to her and take her into my arms, trying to lift her without moving her. She grunts and tries to move
"Sh¡t," l whisper, "hey, don't move, we'll get you fixed up in no time, love."
l keep sprinting to the med-jacks. l look down to see Charlie out cold in my arms, and l sprint faster.
Third person POV
After the med-jacks patch up Charlie, they go to fix the others, leaving Newt alone with an unconscious Charlie.
Around supper time, Minho walls in with a sandwich for Newt and sits down, looking as his best friend. Looking, in his eyes, Newt realizes how his friend feels toward the girl.
"She'll be fine, man. She's strong. l mean she has to be to deal with you and Gally."
The sounds of their chucklesh fill the room, and the two boys continue talking for the following hours. Newt then suddenly stops, looking at Charlie. Her eyes slowly open.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
HEY GUYS!!! THANKS FOR 100 READS!!! l honestly never thought I'd get to 20, so this is amazing!
I'm sorry for not posting for a bit, I've just been really swamped with school and research papers, but I️ should be posting more regularly in 3 weeks. :)