Chapter 5

Chapter 5- Ed Sheeran & Interruptions

"Come on," Shawn pleaded for the fifth time tonight. I groaned, looking away from his adorable puppy eyes. "Everyone's asleep now! You promised!"

He began poking my side over and over again drawing out "please." I sighed giving in and standing up. I grabbed his hand and Shawn's guitar and pulled him to the balcony, opening the sliding door and closing it behind us.

"Promise not laugh." I said pointing at him, he nodded with his signature smile on his face. I took a deep breath, pulling the strap around me and familiarizing my fingers with the strings before beginning a soft melody.

White lips, pale face

Breathing in snowflakes,

Burnt lungs, sour taste.

Light's gone, day's end

Struggling to pay rent,

Long nights, strange men.

And they say, she's in the class a team

Stuck in her daydreams

Been this way since 18 but lately,

Her face seems

Slowly sinking, wasting

Crumbling like pastries and they scream,

The worst things in life come free to us.

Cause we're just under the upper hand

And go mad for a couple grams

And she don't want to go outside
tonight

And in a pipe she flies to the Motherland

Or sells love to another man.

It's too cold outside

For angels to fly.

My eyes remained closed in fear of what Shawn will say. At first it was silent, until he began clapping hysterically. My eyes shot open an I shushed him, not wanting to wake up Matt and Carter inside.

He was grinning widely, no longer clapping but just sitting there. "Alex, your voice is amazing!" I blushed, pulling the guitar from my body and handing it back to him while shaking my head. I wasn't anything special, just a voice.

"No, please just listen to me. You have to do a duet with me during a performance. Your voice is beautiful, I'm serious."

I looked down, smiling. No one has ever said anything so nice to me. Shawn was such a sweetheart. He lifted my chin up and I smiled at him, he grinned back.

"You're bashfulness is so adorable sometimes." And of course, I blushed yet again, my cheeks remaining a light tint of pink.

Then suddenly, the two of us were leaning in, our eyes locked. His hand brushed my thigh but before our lips could touch, the balcony door slid open. "Hey guys, I couldn't find y-"

Carter stopped watching Shawn and I spring apart, both of us blushing like madmen. No one said anything for a few moments and I cleared my throat awkwardly.

"I'm gonna go to bed, night guys." I made my way inside sliding the door shut and crawling into my bed, sighing heavily. I looked out the door where Shawn and Carter still were. They were arguing, both of them looking mad.

I tried to listen in to what they were saying, but all I could pick up was mumbling. Then the two stopped talking and silently walked inside. I closed my eyes, pretending to sleep and I heard one last thing before I drifted off. Five words that came from Carter's mouth.

"May the best man win."