I thanked nick in my head for not telling or business. Last thing I needed was for someone who didn't care to act like they did.

Text continued:

I'm glad to hear that, I know what I said on the day of your father funeral wasn't very adult like. Actually it wasn't very grandma like. I should've never said that about you two, at least I should've never said it in front of YOU Nykell. Your just like your daddy. Stubborn as hell. I ran into your bestie, as you young kids call it. She showed me a few pictures of you and your beautiful. You got that smooth brown skin just like your daddy! She also showed me some pictures of nick...my oh my that boy is handsome and when he's older all the ladies are going to be on him. You both are a reflection of your father. I haven't been feeling very good over the months. And I think my time is coming to a end. I just want to see you guys..please. Think about coming to my barbecue? It'll be fun. Maybe meet a few of your cousins. You can even bring your cutie bestie LOL grandma loves you! Bye bye

Text ends

A tear dropped on my lip surprising me. I didn't even know I was crying. I wiped my tears and bit my lip. I was starting to feel horrible for what I said about her.

I stoop up and slid on my adidas sandals. I already had on some black leggings and a plain orange hoodie, and my braids were up in a bun.

I grabbed my phone and went over to nick room, just to check on him. I peeked through his room. Noticing he was sleep.

I looked at his walls relived there wasn't any holes or dents this time.

I closed the door back and left out the apartment. I needed fresh air and someone to talk to.

I went over to Courtney side of the projects. I waved and said hi to a few who called out "Hey project princess"

I knocked on Courtney's door a few time before the door being flung open. Her little sister Allyssa stood there with a whole bunch of colorful beads in her hair looking like a rainbow.

"Princess!" She yelled rushing me with a hug. I chuckled and hugged her back."Hey pretty lady, court here?" I asked.

She nodded and grabbed my hand, pulling me into the house. I quickly closed the door due to her pulling me so fast."geesh girl slow down" I said.

"Allyssa! What I tell you about opening my damn door. Is you crazy?" Their Mom fussed coming out of the kitchen.

Their mom was beautiful. She was real thick and had pretty chocolate skin stayed glowing and she kept herself slayed. She also kept her kids slayed.

Courtney had three siblings. Allyssa, Jr, and the baby, Kayden.

All of her siblings was chocolate just liked their mom except for Jr. Courtney was like I said before, light brown,And so was Jr.

Just like me Courtney and Jr's father died. Except theirs died when she was 4 and he was 10.

"Hey mom" I said smiling. She looked at me turning her frown into a smile."Hey baby, you better get your little sis in check girl. Her ass keep opening doors and don't know what might pop out at her little ass" she fussed going back into the kitchen.

I looked down at Allyssa."you heard her girl"

She smiled and continued to pull me towards Courtney room.