Chapter 5

From the large viewport of the Finalizer's command bridge, Armitage Hux surveyed the thousands of troops held at his command

From the large viewport of the Finalizer's command bridge, Armitage Hux surveyed the thousands of troops held at his command. Pilots dressed in sleek, obsidian suits with helmets atop their heads tended to their TIE fighters, officers sporting the classic grey attire went about their usual routines in various command blocks, while infantry stormtroopers clad in white armor fell into their assigned ranks: each standing at the ready for orders or readying to attend their daily trainings. Being a General of the First Order had been more than a dream of his since early childhood years; however, it was an honor that had been paid for with a price. For years he had served under the brutal command of his father, Brendol Hux. To say he was an abusive man who was an understatement. The young Hux suffered day in and day out, under his father's command who continuously undercut Armitage due to their shared bloodline.

Armitage's mother had been a lowly custodian within the First Order while Brendol was a General in upper ranking command structure. Brendol had not been kind to the woman censuring her for fighting for her son's right to his name. A fact that Brendol had taken out on Hux from childhood and beyond. For any other sentient in the galaxy the lowly lineage of a bastard son would have been overlooked, but with a commoner parentage Armitage had been forced to prove his capabilities all that much harder. He would have done anything to make his dream a reality, including the scheming of his own father's death with the help of Captain Phasma. Now it would appear that Armitage had everything he desired within his grasp. All except for one thing...

The scavenger, Rey.

While she may have been considered a nobody, no one of consequence other than a sand urchin in life, to Hux she would have been more than qualified to stand by his side. Not only did he consider her of impeccable taste, but it wasn't every day that a woman with such intelligence to match her outward appearance and a fire in her that he loved to stoke. He imagined the things that they could accomplish together if she were to consider joining him within the First Order. Picturing the crisp, black uniform of superior rank on her lithe toned figure he closed his eyes; visualizing his hands on her waist as she would approach him in their quarters after an exhausting shift. The almond colored strands of hair peeking out from underneath her First Order hat. A peek at the sun kissed skin of her neck. Or the way her jacket would fit perfectly snug around her breasts.

The sound of a throat being cleared abruptly interrupted Hux's thoughts. Snapping his eyes open Hux redirected his attention towards the approaching Lieutenant Mitaka. "Excuse me, sir," the squeaky sound of Mitaka's anxious voice always seemed to get under his skin. Like a small beetle crawling beneath the dermis. "The Supreme Leader requests an audience with you immediately."

Chin held high, Hux acknowledged Mitaka's report with a curt nod before swiftly striding off towards his chambers, where he could accept the communique in privacy. Removing a single black glove, he pressed the palm of his hand to the biometric scanner to activate the door to his private quarters where the grotesque holographic form of Supreme Leader Snoke was already waiting.