Chapter 1

Upon his arrival to Arkanis, Han Solo sat with his Wookiee first mate, Chewbacca; watching as the landscape of the dry, desert planet passed them by through the cockpit windows of the Millennium Falcon

Upon his arrival to Arkanis, Han Solo sat with his Wookiee first mate, Chewbacca; watching as the landscape of the dry, desert planet passed them by through the cockpit windows of the Millennium Falcon. Regardless of his status as King Consort of Chandrila, he always insisted on flying himself to wherever the duties of his political status had to take him. Naturally, Chewie was always there to accompany him. Forever his most faithful and truest friend.

Chewie was all the protection that he needed considering most people knew it wasn't wise to upset a Wookiee in the first place if they insisted on keeping all of their limbs intact.

Han hated politics. Although, in actuality hate wasn't a strong enough word for the level of his disdain of bureaucratic dealings and diplomacy. Too long having lived by the code of a smuggler: trust no one and keep a blaster on your hip. How he had managed to get himself as crowned king in the first place he still couldn't comprehend, but all it took was being bribed into ferrying a Jedi and another force sensitive young man with sandy-blonde hair half-way across the galaxy, leading to the harrowing rescue of one very tenacious Princess.

Amusement washed over him at the memories and a small smirk played across his aging face at the thought of his wife, Leia Organa, reigning Queen and the only one of the two of them of royal blood. Not only was Leia born of the houses Naberrie and Organa, she was also one of two scions, with her twin brother Luke of the most powerful and feared force users of his time, Darth Vader.

Before he was Vader, the man beneath the machine was Anakin Skywalker, Jedi knight of the Old Republic, the Chosen One. Supposed to bring balance to the Force yet manipulated by Emperor Palpatine in his most vulnerable state, he succumbed to darkness, plunging himself and the galaxy to the abyss.

For nineteen years hence, he wielded terror across the galaxy, cursed to live in torment beneath his helmet and respirator that forced oxygen into his damaged lungs. In the end, however, Vader had broken his curse in the most poignant way by saving his son, Luke Skywalker from the Emperor, just the mere mentioning of Vader's name was enough to spread fear to any sentient being that heard it.

He was glad that Leia never pursued force training like Luke had done. To Han, the whole idea of the force was still a bunch of mumbo jumbo. A hokey religion that held together the forces of good and evil in the galaxy the light and the dark. Never bought into it. Never could have really believed it, that is until the birth of their only child, Ben.

Ben Organa-Solo, of Skywalker blood – chosen blood, in fact, his son was one of the reasons why Han was on this forsaken planet to begin with. He was visiting the Supreme Leader Snoke, a man if he could be called as such who had been adamant about gaining power over Chandrila for years for Chandrila had been settled by both Arkanian and Alderaanian settlers. Snoke believed in his right to rule Chandrila as a result. Yet as the young Ben grew and began to develop his powers, Snoke's watchful gaze turned to the boy, unsettling both Leia and Han.