Chapter 3

Blaring alarms rang throughout the cockpit of the quadjumper, alerting Finn that he was approaching his destination

Blaring alarms rang throughout the cockpit of the quadjumper, alerting Finn that he was approaching his destination. The cacophony of the alarm abruptly jerked him out of his sleep he had drifted off into a deep slumber, propping his feet up on the console and watching the vastness of hyperspace flash before his eyes. The sporadic streaks of white against the darkness of space consumed the ship as he traveled past the Perlemian Trade Route, a well-known smugglers' course that was said to be the best route for making fast deliveries among many core planets.

Rubbing the sleep from his eyes with the palms of his hands, Finn hit the 'OFF' button to the alarm he was greeted once again with the piercing silence of solitude; although tinnitus in his ears remained.

Upon exiting out of hyperspace he saw the planet come into sight, being surrounded by the far-off twinkling stars that were light years away leaving the view absolutely breathtaking. A substantial ocean consumed much of Chandrila's surface, yet there was still vast lush green lands in the south and white and purple mountains to the north throughout the large planet. Absently, he wished Rey had been here to see it; this planet was so green that he had ever seen before.

Dancing his fingers across the various controls he plugged in the coordinates given to him by the client named Fulcrum that he was meeting in Hanna City. Removing the auto pilot he gained full control of the ship Finn navigated the vessel towards his destination.

He circled low along the vastness of the planet's countryside as it came into prospect, revealing trees and meadows blanketed with snow that appeared to go on for miles. It was wintertime in this hemisphere, everything coated in a fresh blanket of snow and he never would have guessed based on the amount of green he had seen before entering the planet's atmosphere. The view was exquisite; snow dusting the needles of the evergreens and carpeting the ground, the lakes frozen over from the subzero temperatures, and the twinkling flakes of snow that glistened against the sunlight as they fell from the sky.

However brief his sight-seeing, it was cut short when an alarm rang throughout the cockpit, various controls flashing red to alert him that something was incredibly wrong. Searching for a possible answer his eyes flashed across the counsel, pushing various buttons and controls hoping that the ship would snap out of its current state of despair. Nothing worked, and the ear-piercing sounds of the alarms continued showing no signs of stopping.

Shit! Shit, shit, shit! He scrambled forward trying to silence the alarm and simultaneously identify what was wrong with the quadjumper

To no avail he grabbed a hold of the steering, seeing that he had no choice but to guide the ship in for an emergency landing; a very rough landing at that considering a majority of the land was overgrown with trees. He aimed for a spot with the least amount of plant growth, holding his breath and praying to the gods that he would survive this.

With his entire body tensed for impact, he grit his teeth as he steered the quadjumper so as to not hit the surface nose first. He could feel the tops of the trees scraping and breaking along the underside of the ship, causing it – and himself – to violently shudder from the friction. Surfing along the treetops to attempt slowing his speed the ship bounced off the last few rows before roughly crashing into a meadow clearing, skidding along the surface before eventually coming to a stop.