10. Family Day Part 1

[Mal's POV]

"Okay, this," Evie turned the mannequin around, "is what you'll wear today."

It was a knee length light purple gown with a pair of high heels placed next to it.

I put it on and squealed. "I love the dress, E."

"Now, I have to work on Ben and Doug's suits, and Uma's dress."

"Hold on. I am not wearing these heels."

"But they go perfectly with the dress." she whined.

"No way. Nuh-uh." I shook my head.

"Fine. I'll make some alterations to your dress to hide those hideous flats." she took some fabric from the closet and began adding it to my dress. "Mal, don't move." Evie took her measuring tape and recorded my height on her notepad.

"I can please have a look at Ben's?"

"No." she didn't even look up from sewing. I walked over to the power cord and pulled it out.

"Please?" I looked at her.

She paused to consider it, "Fine."

"You planned him hair colour?!" I said.

"Of course. Hair is important."

I stared at her blankly. "I'm gonna go."

[Ben's POV]

"Thanks, Evie." she handed me Doug's attire, "I'll get Lonnie to give you the money for the fabrics." Evie handed me mine.

"No need. Just treat Mal well, and we're good."

"No problem." Yea, no problem stealing the wand and breaking her heart.

"By the way, there's a bottle of hair dye and instructions on how to style your hair, okay?"

"Gotcha." I made sure I didn't wrinkle or destroy my clothing on the way back to our dorms, but that obviously didn't work after bumping into Jane.

"Aw, come on." I frowned.

"Ben, I finally found you. Doug and Lonnie need you in the dorms within 3."

"Come on then."

We hurried to the dorms, and I kicked opened the door with a loud bang. They all jumped up, startled, and started questioning me.

"When do we grab the wand?"

"Where do we go afterwards?"

"Can we get ice cream?"

"How do we get our parents?"

"Do we-"

"ENOUGH!" I yelled, "We're grabbing the wand when Fairy Godmother blesses Mal. Got it? We're going to stay here and let the villains come to Auradon. We will get ice cream. I want some now, in fact. We'll magic them here. Happy?" I tossed Doug his outfit and a bottle of knock-out cologne, and went to the bathroom to dye my hair like Evie told me to.

"What's the stuff?" he shouted.

"Spray the driver once, and he'll be out like a light." I shouted back.

[Mal's POV]

I got Harry to move a table to the garden and fill it with desserts. He was still bitter about me choosing Ben over him, but we did try to remain friends. Family Day was just about to start, and all of us took our places in front of a small shaded area. Ben, Doug, Lonnie, and Jane arrived, and the pre-recorded audio of the band playing started.

(A/N: Start at 00:20, end at 1:40)

The crowd applauded and my parents waved me over. They congratulated me in the middle of shots that our photographer was taking.

"Oh," I smiled for a photo, "I have a new," I paused, "boyfriend."

"That's good. He was too," I saw Ben hanging with the other villain kids in the corner of my eye shallow and uptight for me." my dad asked, "Who,"  the flash almost made me blink, "is it?" I waved Ben over.

"Him." I said. I gave him a hug and introduced my parents to him. The photographer lowered the ancient thing that could barely be called a camera and stared at me in shock.

"Mom, dad, meet Ben. Ben, meet my parents, Belle and Adam." Ben held out a hand for Belle and Adam to shake. They both did so, with jaws hanging slightly open.

"Hey, mom and dad, could Ben join us for a game of ball?"

"Oh." they snapped out of their trance, "Yeah. Of course."

"I-uh, actually came here with my friends." he pointed to the other three. Doug was petting Dude, and Jane and Lonnie were hogging the chocolate fountain. I looked at my parents.

"Oh, um, yeah. They can come too." my dad replied.

[Ben's POV]

I could see how uncomfortable Belle and Adam were and felt a sort of excitement for the coronation/wand stealing 'ceremony' tomorrow. I took a sort of stick-like thing and hit the ball lightly with it. I stood with the stick leaning against me, as an old woman in a light pink suit.

"Oh, hey." the woman said in a high pitched tone.

"Hi." I gave her a forced smile.

"Have we met before? I never seen a boy with blue hair, but you seen oddly familiar. Are you from around here?"

"Nope. You can say i'm a transfer student, though."

"Oh, hey grammy." Harry, wearing a red suit with a pink handkerchief in his breast pocket, walked up to us.

"Grammy?"

Hi guys! I hope you enjoyed this chapter. 

-PolarBearz