4. Auradon Prep Part 1

[Ben's POV]

The bell rung throughout Auradon Prep as Fairy Godmother was boring us to death.

"If someone hands you a crying baby, do you, A: curse it, B: lock it in a tower, C: give it a bottle, or D: carve out its heart?" Fairy Godmother emphasised every single word, which made all of us roll our eyes. Doug raised his hand.

"Doug."

"What was the second one, again?"

"Oh. Okay. Anyone else? Ben, maybe?" She sounded slightly disappointed. I looked up from my sketch of the wand.

"C: give it a bottle." I resumed my drawing.

"Correct! Yet again."

"Whoa, you on fire, boy!" Lonnie exclaimed. Was it really that hard?

"Just pick the one that isn't any fun."

A boy with dark, and messy hair and a ton of freckles ran in the classroom holding a bunch of papers.

"Hey. You need to sign this early dismissal form for the coronation." The boy looked back at us with a curious glance. I nudged Doug, who was busy staring out the window.

"Everyone here, this is my son, Carlos. You might've met him before." she said as she filled in the sheet. Carlos gave us a slight nod and turned back to the Fairy Godmother. The Fairy Godmother handed the form back to Carlos and he scurried out of the class.

"Back to work everyone. You find a vial of poison, do you, A: put it in the King's wine, B: paint it on an apple."Doug grinned. "Or C: turn it over to the proper authorities?"

All of them raised their hands. Doug chanted something under his breath, and Lonnie and Jane started wrestling. Immediately, Lonnie was sitting on the table and giving a noogie to Jane with her hand still up in the air.

"Ow. Ow. Ow." Jane swatted at her.

"Lonnie?" Fairy Godmother said.

"C: turn it over to the proper authorities."

"Great job! And girls, I suggest you put that energy into cheerleading. As for the guys, you should try out Tourney. Now, class dismissed."

We all stood up and left for wherever our schedule told us to go. Doug had Science. I had tourney. Lonnie and Jane went off in a huddle to find their classes before either of us could ask.

[Doug]

I stared at the girl sitting somewhat in front of me.

"Who is she?" I asked the girl next to me, which I thought who's name was Evie.

"Uma. Daughter Cinderella and Prince Charming. Pretty, but not very bright." Evie said.

"Doug. Doug." On some level, I did hear Mr. Deley calling me, but I didn't respond. "Doug."

"Hm? Yes?" I asked.

"Perhaps this is just a review for you. You wouldn't mind telling the class the atomic weight of silver, would you?"

"Of course not." I grabbed my magic mirror and took the chalk from Mr. Deley's hand. "So, how do I find the atomic weight of silver?" I pronounced each word slowly."(106.905x0.5200+108.905x9.4800)=107.9amu" I copied it down on to the blackboard. (A/N: Please tell me if I copied down the formula correctly. I actually doubt anyone remembers how to solve it in real life.)

"Of course. It's always a mistake to underestimate a-"

"A villain? Don't make it again." I tossed the chalk back at him and slipped back to my chair. When I passed Uma, though, she handed me a small piece of paper. Meet me at the bleachers, 3:00pm. I grinned. Oh, this day just keeps getting better and better.

[Mal]

Harry and Uma were crowding around me as I placed my books back in my locker.

"Those kids are bad news." Harry gestured to the Isle kids.

"Come on, Harry. Give those guys a chance."

"M, I know that your mother had met a beast and fell in love with him, but that boy's mother, was just an evil fairy. Okay?"

"I think you're wrong." I said, defiantly. He sighed and kissed me on the cheek.

"We'll meet you at our usual table, okay?" Uma said. I closed my locker and found someone staring at me.

"Hey, M." Ben mimicked Harry's voice.

"Hey, Ben." I laughed and glanced at his locker. "Why don't I sign you up for Art class? I mean, there's more materials there you could borrow."

Ben glanced at Carlos, who was passing by before answering. "Way to take the fun out of it." He gave me a smile and trailed after him.

[Ben]

"Hello, Carlos." I leaned against a wall in the bathroom.

"Um hi, Ben." he tried to leave the bathroom.

"Don't go." I held his shoulder. "I was hoping to make a friend. I know in the Isle we don't have friends, but I was hoping when we came, that could change for the four of us. But I guess, you have all the buddies ya need, eh?"

"Not exactly. Being the son of Fairy Godmother makes it worse."

"But you're so likeable! It almost over looks your.. other features.."

"Not exactly, being the son of Fairy Godmother can be harsh. Wait, can you use your magic to change me?"

"A bit. I can only do hair spells."

"Can you try it on me?"

"Sure." I took my spell book out of my bag and read out a spell, "Beware, forswear, replace the old with new hair." Instantly, his hair wasn't messy and rugged like before.

"Are you sure you can't do other spells?"

"Oh, I've been practicing, but we need your mother's wand to do such a powerful magic."

"If I can get her to take our her wand, you're so gonna be there."

"Thanks, Carlos." I smiled.

And we'll just end it right here. I'll update Part 2 soon. Remember to follow me and comment! 😁

-PolarBearz