3. The Museum

[Ben's POV]

I walked in the girls' room to see Lonnie and Jane yakking on and on about how awful Auredon was. I clasped his hands together.

"You two, come to me and Doug's room. Pronto." I said.

They nodded and stood up to follow me. We ran through the corridor until I found me and Doug's room.

"In there now." I waved them in. Doug was playing a video game that required waving two sticks around in the air like a maniac. Terrific, I know. I looked around and watched Lonnie empty her pockets.

"Hey Lonnie, here's an idea. How about, taking whatever you want after, we steal the wand?" I asked her.

"You sound just like your mother."

"I'm flattered." I faked a smile, "Where's your laptop, Doug?"

"Just a sec."

"DOUG!"

"Coming." he paused the game and grabbed his laptop to join us at the table.

"Get the mirror."

"Jane, toss me my duffel bag." Doug said.

It came flying towards us, and hit Doug right on the face. 

"Really, Jane? Really?!" Doug grabbed his magic mirror and threw it back at Jane, whose back was turned.

"Ow!" Jane yelped.

"Guys! Do I seriously have to remind you what we're here for? And don't say throwing duffel bags and playing video games."

"We are here to enrol in Auredon Prep and pretend to be students. We then sneak into wherever the wand is. We steal it and bring down the barrier allowing the criminals of Auredon to run free and destroy." Lonnie recited dutifully. I rolled my eyes.

"Doug, mirror me." I said.

"Mirror mirror on the - in my hand, where does the Fairy Godmother's wand.. stand."

"Zoom out." Jane said.

"Mirror mirror, not so close." A picture of Earth appeared on the Magic Mirror. I rolled my eyes again.

"Closer." Doug said in an agitated voice.

"Closer." I swear I heard Doug say something along the lines of 'stupid mirror'.

"There. The Museum of Cultural History." Lonnie said, as Jane entered it onto Doug's laptop.

"Thank you, Captain Obvious." Jane gave her an overly exaggerated false smile as the results loaded.

"Back to the topic. Two kilometres away." I said.

"Kilometres? I thought that said miles." Doug scratched the arm of his blue overcoat.

"Never mind. It's a straight line anyways." I muttered.

"Let's go guys. We haven't got all day." Jane announced.

"Thank you, Captain Obvious." Lonnie mimicked Jane.

We all jogged towards the direction Doug's laptop pointed us to. It didn't take us very long. Doug peered through the window and ducked immediately. Guard, he mouthed. I grabbed my spell book.

"Magic spindle, do not linger. Make my victim prick a finger."

Nothing happened. I received a fair amount of silent clapping. After leafing through my books for a while longer, I found one.

"Prick the finger, prick it deep. Send my enemy off to sleep."

The old man touched the needle and curled up beside the spindle. Soon snores were heard even through the door.

"Back up, villains. Let the real genius show you her talents." Lonnie's voice rose steadily. She backed up to give herself a running start. She cracked her knuckles and ran for the door.

"Make it easy, make it quick. Open up without a kick." I chanted.

The doors opened quickly and quietly as Lonnie sailed past the others and landed on her back. We all held back a chuckle as we slipped past the security guard to the Hall of Villains. There they were. Four statues stood in bone-chilling poses with name tags on each. Cruella De Vil. Evil Queen. Jafar. Maleficent. In fact they looked so alike to their parents, it frightened them. A quite moment passed as we started at our parents.

"Well it isn't here. Let's bounce." Lonnie said, as she headed out. The room slowly cleared, leaving me and four statues of former villains stripped of their glory.

(A/N: I know it's hard to imagine Mal as Ben, but a person can try, eh?)

I turned away from my mother, and followed the others. There it was. The almighty wand of the Fairy Godmother. Well it wasn't exactly in front of us. There was a beam of light show casing the wand from the first to second floor of the building. We hurried down stairs and we could finally see it. The wand. Lonnie climbed under the bar and reached for it.

"DON'T LONNIE!" I shouted.

The forcefield threw Lonnie backwards and set of loud sirens.

"Great. A forcefield and a Klaxon?" Jane yelled over the blaring speakers.

"Apparently." I yelled back. We ran downstairs and bolted for the door. Except for Jane. Lonnie had to run back and grab her.

"Look what you done, Lonnie. This is great. Just great. Now we have to go to school tomorrow." I scowled.

Hello! I haven't updated in a while. I've been busy with tests lately. I'll try to update more often. Comment and follow me!

-PolarBearz