Chapter 28: Complications

Start from the beginning

"Don't worry, girl. Its music business."

I sighed." Okay," I opened. the door." You will call me tonight, right?"

"Yeah, sure." he seemed a bit impatient for me to leave. I sighed and stepped out into the drizzling rain. I blew him a kiss and watched as he drove away.

I sighed in relief that I had finally told him. I wasn't gonna tell him. It took Liyah and Nikki's convincing that I actually got the guts to tell him. I thought he was gonna get mad, bit he seemed to be a bit understanding. The idea about get an abortion was one thing I wasn't sure about. I raised that Abortions was wrong. It was a sin against God and that it was unacceptable. If you have sex, use a condom. If you don't use one, or you forget to then that's your problem.

Right now. that was my problem.

I turned and ran up the stairs to the top floor where I found Liyah on the couch with her notebook in her lap. She looked up at me when I closed the door. "Did you tell him?" she asked as she closed her book.

I sat down next to her and ran my fingers through my hair. I let put another sigh in relief. "Yeah, I-" I stopped when I saw how red and puffy her eyes were. " Have you been crying?"

She sucked her teeth. "Don't flip the script on me now, what did he say?" she picked up a bottled water and began to drink it while she waited for me to answer.

I shook my head. Remembering how much she hated it when people take too long to get the point I was straight forward with her." He thinks I should get an abortion."

"What?"

"He wants me-"

"I heard you the first time." She said. " De that's not cool. "

"I know but it's the only way."

"De that is a child you just can't kill it off and expect there not to be consequences!"

"Well, I can't just have it!" I said. "And I haven't made a decision yet. "

She raised her eyebrow at automatically. " You're not actually considering this, are you?"

"Look, Li. I don't know yet. It's like I said, I need to think about it."

"It shouldn't be something you should have to think about."She said. "You should've been thinking about that in the beginning."

It always frustrated me when she told the truth. Mainly because she was right and said it with so much confidence that it made you want to snap at her. Liyah wasn't the type to comfort you without pointing out your right and wrongs." I know that, Liyah." I said with a sigh.

"Look De, if kill that baby you will regret it for the rest of your life. " she said her words slowly. Allowing them to sink in.

I didn't say anything I glance towards the brown drapes behind the couch.

"Don't live with that burden on you." She whispered as she stood up. " I'm trusting you to make the right decision on this."She slowly turned towards the hallway.

"Hey, where are you going?"

Her eyebrows furrowed. " To sleep. I'm tired."

"Uh, no you're not. " I said as I stood up and pulled her back down on the sofa. " You are going to sit your skinny ass down and tell me why you were crying. "

"De, it's nothing really."

I pursed my lips. " Aaliyah Dana Haughton. I have known you since you were eleven I know when something's wrong."