The Quest: Chapter 22

Start from the beginning

~

The city of Minas Tirith was indeed filled with scores of people from all over Middle Earth. The elves were treated honorably as a path was made for them to reach the high courtyards of the city to witness the historic coronation. Legolas stood beside Elrond and Arwen as they watched Gandalf place the crown upon Aragorn's head, officially crowning him King of Gondor in the eyes of all there to see. He looked around from time to time, hoping to see Alannah somewhere amidst the crowd. Legolas reasoned that she had to be somewhere amongst the large gathering and was certain she would be in the throne room after the ceremony had concluded.

The throngs bowed before Aragorn as he stepped down from the steps and into the crowd. Legolas stepped forward, softly smiling at his longtime friend.

"Hannon le

"Hannon le." Aragorn said as he and Legolas grasped each other's shoulders with brotherly love. Legolas was erupting with joy as he flickered his eyes beside him, revealing Arwen. He stepped aside and rejoined Elrond and watched the romantic reunion before him. Lord Elrond was full of joy and grief as he watched Arwen take Aragorn's arm, the future Queen of Gondor.

Inside the throne room, a small gathering was held for Aragorn and his most intimate friends

Inside the throne room, a small gathering was held for Aragorn and his most intimate friends. Legolas waited patiently off to the side, keeping his eyes focused on the entrances for Alannah. Gandalf sat at a long table beside Aragorn and Arwen, while Gimli and Elrond exchanged pleasantries nearby. Faramir and Eowyn were also seated, a new love blossoming between the two. Eomer approached Legolas and stood beside the elf, curious as to why it seemed he was keeping such a watchful guard.

"You should take a seat, enjoy the feast." Eomer offered as he waved his hand towards the table. Legolas bowed his head slightly.

"Thank you, but I'm waiting for someone." Legolas responded. His voice showed no hint at nervousness but he could feel his heart pounding in his chest rapidly as a door opened, only to be disappointed when the person entering it wasn't her.

"All who were invited are already here. Might as well relax." Eomer responded, patting Legolas on the shoulder before taking his seat at the table. Legolas looked around curiously, catching Aragorn's attention. He walked over to the elf to inquire what the matter was.