{11} The Salvatore Brothers' Past

Start from the beginning

"Okay, that's a myth. If I didn't have a mirror I'd never be able to see to put makeup on!" I said as Elena started to admittedly smile.

"You said you don't kill to survive."

"Animal blood keeps us alive, but that we aren't as strong as Damon, he can be very powerful." And that's true. I've seen him in his bad moments, but not his worst ones, thank goodness.

"And yet you let him get involved with Caroline?" Elena asked, shocked.

"Forcing Damon not to do something is much more dangerous," Stefan explained, which is again very true. I wish Elena would see the trouble we go through to keep everyone safe.

"He was hurting her!" She argued, and I crossed my arms and gave her a look.

Stefan sat up, his stance becoming defensive, "He was feeding on her." Stefan looked as someone walked by and started to talk softer and lower, "He was able to take away her memories of being bitten using a form of mind compulsion. She never knew what was happening to her. If he wanted to kill her, he would have." Elena became defensive as well and asked if that was supposed to make it okay. "No. No, none of this is ok, Elena. I know that/" Stefan explained, causing Elena to look down and fall back against her seat, so he sat back as well. Meanwhile, I was watching in amusement. Trouble in paradise.

"Are there any others, aside from you, Charlotte, and Damon?" Elena asked, looking at him. When Stefan explained there wasn't any in Mystic Falls anymore, Elena looked at him with both a confused and intrigued look, "Not anymore?" Stefan explained how this town, back then, had been aware of vampires and that it didn't end well. That was why it was important that she didn't tell anyone.

"I can't promise that," Elena said, shaking her head. I exhaled a little in annoyance and Elena looked over at me with a somewhat annoyed expression back. Okay, okay, I get it. We seem dangerous. But if we wanted to hurt her, then we would have done that much sooner. I like her, but she really needs to have some common sense at the moment. Stefan sent me a look that said to behave, all the while I was sending him a look that said that this was a bad idea.

Stefan sighed and looked back to Elena, "Elena...Give us today. I will answer any questions that you have, and when it's over, you can decide for yourself what you wanna do with what you know. It'll be your choice. And sorry for Charlotte, she just doesn't like the idea of people knowing what we are." No! I don't like the idea of people who can't keep our secret knowing what we are! We trusted her with this information, would she seriously not keep it to herself? I didn't agree with Stefan, either, especially not with that she could decide what she wanted to do with the information.

***

Stefan, Elena, and I were driving through the woods in Elena's car to a place where Stefan had wanted to take us. I took the front seat and Stefan stayed in the back after much silent eye protesting. I knew he wouldn't argue with me in front of Elena after he had just told her not all of us were cold-hearted monsters. He had told me I had to come too because he wanted me to know what he was going to tell her as well.

Soon, Stefan told her to stop and Elena asked what we were doing here. I nodded and asked him what were we doing there. We all got out of the car and Stefan explained, "I wanted to show you something. Something that even Charlotte doesn't know about Damon and I," Elena had asked in the middle of nowhere, and Stefan replied, "This...Didn't used to be nowhere. Used to be my home." He looked around and Elena shut her door, while I quickly turned to look at him, ready to hear more. I had never been shown this place, hell, I had never even been told about it.

"It looks so..." Elena started, looking around the boarding house. I had to admit, it was old. Really old. It didn't even seem like Stefan could possibly be that old. My house is still intact, a little repaired nowadays, but still standing. Nothing like this, at least...