【36 prt. 3】

The bank was bigger than I expected it to be, two stories and made of rough brick. True to what Selina had said, I could see a few lights flicker on inside the bank through the windows, revealing the dim interior. Though the windows I could see several people running around.

I followed Selina as she slipped into the shadows that had been created.

"They know something's going to happen." Jon said, standing next to me. He watched the people inside greedily, quivering with delight. "I can practically taste their fear."

I'm going to pretend that I didn't hear you say that, I signed, it's creepy and weird.

"What?" Jon asked, pausing. His voice was slightly muffled so it sounded more like fhat?

It was hard for me to figure out what his facial expression was because of his mask, but I was certain that he was frowning.

"It's already hard enough for me to understand you, but now I haven't the foggiest idea of what you just said. The gloves are hampering your ability."

More like your understanding is hampered, I signed.

"I don't-"

"Jon!" Selina hissed, "focus on the task at hand!"

"Alright already!" Jon snaps. "Let's just get this over with."

He double checked to make sure that his mask was on correctly, before pushing open the door of the bank. He was just so calm about it, like it was just a simple trip down to the supermarket.

The first few minutes were crazy, with Jon not even bothering to say anything. He just turned to the nearest person, who was unfortunately trying to run out of the building, and gassed them directly in the face. That person went down screaming, and Selina had to drag me away because I had froze in shock.

"Come on." She pulled me into the shadows on the edge of the room and propelled me along as she picked her way from one shadow to the next, heading towards the vault as chaos erupted around us.

I would occasionally glance back, staring at Jon and what he was doing. It was scary, but also fascinating to watch. The brutality and efficiency of his attacks ensured that he used the least amount of Fear Toxin to the most maximum effect.

"Ridley," Selina said exasperated, "focus, would you?"

We stopped a few feet from the vault, which surprisingly didn't have anyone guarding it. Seriously, didn't they know how these things worked? Granted, I didn't so it wasn't the biggest concern to me. Wasn't it better if no one was in our way?

"Guard me," Selin a said as she took out the bomb.

I gave an uncertain nod, and stationed myself in front of her. Taking out my weapon, I realized that only three feet of deadly metal stood between me and something, or someone, decided to come this way.

Since I was now facing the lobby of the bank, I could see how thing were going on Jon's end of things. He was currently engaging in hand to hand combat with one of the employees of the bank. Well, more accurately, the man was trying to dodge Jons attacks than actually fighting him. Smart move.

I wondered what had happened to the rest of his Fear Toxin, certainly he'd brought enough with him to last the mission? I got my answer quickly when I saw several vials of is on the floor; smashed. Well, that explained his angered blows towards the other man.

Hearing a slight whimpering sound from nearby, I titled my head and turned towards it. Another man, probably in his late thirties, was curled up on the ground hiding behind a potted plant. From the lobby, he wouldn've been seen by Jon, but for me, he was in plain view. It took me a moment to realize what he was doing; frantically tapping away on his phone.