Episode 8F

"Ryo said we should watch the news. I'm sure he's going to be on it again." You muttered to Akira as you sat together on the couch.

As you clicked the television on, you sighed. There he was; Satan. Sitting next to some of the most power people in the human world as if he belonged there. As if he wasn't trying to eliminate the human race. Again.

"Everyone, we have discovered an important fact about the demons." The old man next to Ryo spoke. "It's about how demons are born. In other words, if we can hunt the demon before birth, we can win this battle."

"What?" Akira looked at you and whispered in your ear. "I thought Ryo said it was almost impossible for demons to reproduce. That's why we weren't careful."

You shrugged. Ryo lied a lot, so you didn't know what to expect.

"Whoa, that's awesome!" One of the boys next to you cheered as the man on the television spoke again.

"Professor Asuka will explain the details about how demons are born."

This perked Akira up.

"That's right, Ryo! Remove the suspicion from this world that's full of anxiety."

You grimaced. Akira had his hopes about two hundred levels too high.

"What I am about to tell you may be troubling to many of you. It's just... In order for man to survive in this battle against demons, we must understand the enemy. You should know, I was traveling with a Russian professor who was studying a very unusual tribe of ancient people in South America."

"And by ancient people, you mean demons; right?" Another man spoke to Ryo.

"Correct. Ogres, spirits, vampires; there has been numerous accounts of monsters throughout history. And as professor Fikira studied these demons; the ancient people of Earth, he began to change. His appearance, behavior, and even his personality. And one day, he attacked me. And somewhere along the line he had become a demon himself."

"What the heck..."

"What's going on..."

Voices mumbled around you as Akira held you tightly. This was obviously not going how he wanted it to.

"So to cut to the chase, the demons we are battling here are, in fact, humans."

Damn it. I knew he'd find a way to get the humans to kill each other. You thought to yourself. And I know he's going to come for me now.

"Professor Fikira was deeply dissatisfied about not being accepted by the world. That dissatisfaction transformed him at the cellular level." Akira growled at Ryo's statements.

"So you're saying anyone who is dissatisfied could potentially turn into a demon?" The old man clarified.

"That's correct."

"So it's too late for us to defeat the demons?"

"Therefore we must eradicate them; before they become demons. Allow me to present my evidence. I'll show you the moment my good friend Akira Fudo transformed into a demon"

Oh Satan. Him and that damn camera. You gripped Akira's chest tightly, trying to prevent him from changing into his demon form. That sly fucker. That's how he's going to separate us. By turning the world against Akira.

"With his parents working overseas, he was left to live with friends for the last ten years. Can you imagine how insignificant he must have felt? He had no friends at school and did poorly in both studies and sports,"

Fucking hell, Lucifer, I knew you were evil but this is... Your mind searched for a word worse than evil. Heinous and despicable.

"This is the moment his frustration explodes and ultimately turns him into a demon."

Akira watched in disbelief as the footage from the night at the Sabbath party replayed, highly edited to his disadvantage.

"Don't do this Ryo..." He screamed. "STOP!"

"This is the truth about demons. So we must find those who harbor dissatisfaction with the world, and eradicate them before they have the chance to become demons!"