Episode 4A

Suddenly, Akira's phone rang, breaking just a bit of the tension.

"It's your phone. It's your mother's ringtone. I set it as that."

"Just stop it, you two. Seriously, you're making me upset." You stood up strongly, with weepy eyes. But they didn't stop.

"Akira, it's your mother. Have you heard from your father? I arrive in Tokyo at 2:00 p.m. on the 27th. I'll tell you more then."

"Dad?" Akira glanced down at his phone as you walked over to physically break up the fight.

"You should worry about your mom." Ryo commented. "Anyone could turn into a demon now. Don't. Trust. Humans. Or your parents. Or that girl."

He was really laying it on thick. You knew he just wanted Amon to come out and join him in the ultimate battle. It was so maddening to you that Ryo couldn't even remember his past but he was wholeheartedly dedicated to this plan.

"The only one you should trust is me!" Ryo screamed.

"Enough." You yanked Ryo back with enough strength to throw him into the wall behind you. "Take me home. Now."

You walked out of the building, followed by the two boys and Miki, did not enjoy the quiet ride to Miki's house and then to your own, marched up to your bedroom and shut the door.

The decision never had to be made, thank evilness, but you were still upset. Upset about your brother and boyfriend fighting. Upset that your big brother was using you as an excuse to kill your boyfriend's close friend. Upset that you were sleeping alone tonight.

That next morning, Ryo came into your room and crawled into your bed.

"I'm sorry, baby sister. It was too far." He held you close as he inhaled your sleepy smell. He had always enjoyed sharing a bed with you, but here in modern society, it wasn't quite so acceptable. Not that the laws and norms stopped him.

You turned to face him, accepting his embrace.

"Way too far. You know how important that human is to him. You were just trying to upset him."

"No, I was trying to protect us. As long as she's still alive, he will always choose her over us. Maybe we didn't make him choose last night, but the time will come where he will have to. And I really couldn't stand to see your heart broken." He stroked your face and looked at you lovingly. "You are such a good little sister."

"Can we go see Aki today?" You asked as you yawned and stretched.

"Precisely why I came to get you. We're picking him up in about fifteen minutes. It's going to be a difficult day for him, so be prepared."

"But it's so warm in bed!" You whined, realizing that Ryo had slowly been pushing you to the edge of your resting place.

"What if we take the Porsche today?"

"It only has two seats." You looked at him, confused.

"Guess you'll have to sit on him."

"That's not legal."

"When did I ever start abiding by the law?" He smiled at you. "Take it as an apology for last night."

You smiled back at him.

"Now tell your big brother that you love him and give him a kiss." Ryo was in an oddly jovial mood this morning, but you weren't going to spoil it.

"I love you, big brother!" You reached forward and kissed his nose. He was cute in his human form. Nothing like Akira though.