Episode 8D

You didn't want to remember the day. Nothing had gone as planned and now you ended in front of three newly dug and filled graves. Gently, you held Akira, each of you still in full demon form, as he cried.

"I couldn't save them." His head was lowered and his hands loosely draped around your body. "Yet again, I..."

Then it happened. A horde of demons came up in front of you both. You huffed, upset that you couldn't share this moment of sorrow with your boyfriend alone.

"AMON. PERSEPHONE." A tall demon blocked the sun in front of you.

Damn. This annoying kid. You thought to yourself.

"I'm Xenon. Do you not know me?"

"Who is the human that subdued the valiant Amon and defeated Silene?" It growled out loud.

You felt Akira's anger grow, but all you could do was shake your head no at the demon Xenon before Akira leapt into action.

Although you never doubted Akira you did see the obvious size difference. He might get a little roughed up, but all of the other demons knew not to touch you.

Slammed into the ground and thrown into the air.

"Awaken Amon!" Xenon screamed futilely.

"That's so annoying. Obviously Amon isn't going to 'awaken' if he's already been defeated. He's not sleeping in there, idiot." You huffed, irritated still.

Then, even more minor demons tried to attack while Akira was hurled through the air.

"Die!"

"He's mine!"

They chattered away as you sat on the ground, drawing circles in the dirt.

"I had been wanting to fight you. I really wanted to." And Xenon did.

He kept beating on Akira, without letting up, for hours. Eventually it was dark and you wanted to go home. But it seemed to you that Akira was punishing himself; allowing himself to be hurt for penance. This last hit was so hard that Akira could no longer keep his demon form.

"That's enough Xenon." You commanded.

"Kill him, Xenon."

"He's already a human. This is Silene's and Kaim's revenge."

"Xenon, if you're not going to do it, I will."

You stood up and screamed.

"JENNYYYYY!" You always could call Jenny for back up if the demons didn't listen to you. And it was only a second before she appeared in her own full demon form.

"Wait."

"Psycho Jenny."

"Jenny, they're not listening to me." You complained as you stood up. "This is my Akira."

Nodding, she spoke.

"You cannot kill Akira Fudo."

"What?"

"He's our enemy, who killed many of our kind."

Jenny's face remained the same. She spoke for him after all. Behind you however, Miko came up.

"I will take him away, YN. Trust me. I will take care of him." She whispered as she transformed into her spider form.

"It is his wish as well. And you would do well to remember that her wish is his as well."

"Him? Who?"

"Who is it!?"

"It's HIM!"

"No! Stop! Kill him!"

Miko had swiped Akira and was swiftly carrying him away. The demons were rioting. They were not okay with this decision; they wanted blood.

"It is fine." Jenny spoke once again. "You, there, the one hiding over there."

As Xenon smashed the wall next to you, you noticed the boy named Koda. He looked nervous; rightfully so.

"Wait. I'm on your side." He muttered, looking at you for reassurance. You, at least, were familiar.

"You have a human heart." She remarked.

"But my body is a demon. I decided after seeing you all! I'm on the demons' side." He begged everyone around.

"Don't be ridiculous."

"You're a human."

"Switching sides now?"

"Us Devilmen won't be accepted by humans anyway. I'll just become a demon."

"That is also something a human would do." Jenny remarked.

You frowned and let out a deep sigh. He was lost.

"Accept him." You mumbled. "I've got to get my Aki back."

And with that, you left.