Episode 5I

"I had a gut feeling that you had gotten into trouble. And my little sister's nose helped to find you. Even with demon powers, you suffered that wound." Ryo looked at the mangled arm that hung off of his friend.

"That's right... Sirene." He suddenly remembered everything. "I was fighting a demon named Sirene. Fuck. And I fucked her too, didn't I? Right in front of YN... Damn it. I am surprised that I'm not dead. Why didn't either one of them finish me off? Either one could have killed me easily."

"I see. Well as for my sister, you have me and her good nature to thank. As for Sirene, that demon is over there. Take a look." Ryo looked over at it as he helped Akira up.

However, instead of getting Akira into the car, as you thought he would, Ryo walked him over to the very demon that had tried to kill him. You rested your head against the door of the car as they left your earshot. That demon was dead on her feet and you knew it. You could smell it.

Akira however, asked a very important question while out of your earshot.

"Ryo, do demons know how to love?"

"It's unlikely." He carefully formulated his response. "In all likelihood love is an illusion. Demons are pure creatures in a way. The hunt and their destructive urge are everything to them. But sometimes, especially with my little sister, I find reasons to believe otherwise. Her feelings for you, for example, might best be described by love. Or were, at least."

"...I see. To me... it was love as well."

As Ryo helped Akira into the car, it was silent. And for most of the ride home it was silent. Akira was afraid to speak, but he had a question for you that wouldn't wait until tomorrow.

When you all arrived home, you immediately stomped up to your room. You weren't in the mood to talk, or even look at Akira.

"I don't think you're welcome in her room tonight, Akira." Ryo mentioned. "You're welcome to stay with me."

"I... I have something I need to ask her." Akira limped towards the stairs.

"I really don't think you should, Akira. Come with me to bed."

"Maybe we can have a sleep over like we used to, after I talk to her." He continued up the stairs.

"She doesn't want to talk to you!" He screamed at Akira. "She doesn't want you anymore! What don't you understand?"

"I guess I... I need some kind of closure." And with that, he walked to your door, leaving Ryo behind.

Ryo was livid. He practically flew to his room and screamed in rage.

"I hate him! I hate that Akira! I want Amon back!" Ryo punched his desk. "FUCK! I'm going to do it. I'm going to kill all the humans! I HATE THE HUMANS!" Tears rolled down his face. "And I want my Persephone back."

Things were starting to get a little bit clearer for him. But there was still just enough ambiguity that he was frustrated. And the sounds coming from your room weren't making it any better.