Episode 4E

The deadly tail shot out at high speed, right at you. Without any hesitation, Ryo shoved you out of the way and took the brunt of the hit.

"RYO! YN!" Akira screamed.

"A human winning against a demon?" The creature gurgled through it's open hole in its body. "There's no way that could happen. I cannot be killed by a weak human heart." It began punching the faces on its body. "Cry! There! There!"

"Akira! We're already dead!" Akira's mother was trying her best to get Akira to react.

"Please don't kill me! Not until I see my mommy!" A little girl's face cried out before it was shot. Akira cringed. This was mentally disturbing to a point where he could barely move.

You looked over at your brother, who was still holding the smoking gun.

"Ryo..." Akira looked on in shock.

"What a horrible human. How dare he shoot a child's face?" The demon tried to make Akira turn against Ryo, but Ryo was prepared for this.

"Akira! Those are not humans! Those are death masks! Just do it, Akira. She's not your mother anymore."

"Akira, please!" You added on, hoping to push your boyfriend.

"I'll  do it if you won't. Do you hear me?" Cocking his gun, Ryo took the initiative.

Akira was frozen in place. These were his parents.

"You know that I'm already dead. You need to end this now!" Even his mother was asking to be finished.

"Mom!" Nothing else could leave Akira's mouth.

"Shut up, human!" The demon roared in defiance.

"Akira! You can do it." She smiled at him.

"It's something a crybaby like you could never do." The creature sneered.

"Come here and end this, Akira." She was begging for release, pushing her son to do what she knew he needed to do.

Then, he ran. He did what he practiced for so long to do. He ran, screaming, crying, for his parents. Calling the memories of his parents forward in his mind.

"I'm Devilman." He began as he met the creature, "I won't tolerate those who take human's lives!" A hole was bore through the demon, allowing it's fluids to spew outward.

As it fell backwards, you were surprised at how anti-climactic this was. There wasn't even a fight... just a death. Gently, Akira closed his mother's eyes and just stood there.

Ryo on the other hand, was ensuring that Akira would have something from his mother. Perhaps both you and he hadn't had parents, and would never understand this feeling, but he could at least assume that he'd want all the pictures stored on his mother's phone. Memories were important to everyone... If only he had them.

"Sorry..." Akira cried as he looked down at the mess. Gently, you walked towards him. "I'm sorry."

You wrapped your arms around him as he turned to face you. Akira lifted you up, in order to fully embrace you in his demon form. In solidarity, your own form peaked through, with white lilies blooming in your hair. The empathy flower. As his demon hands held you closely, you felt him begin heaving as his tears poured from his eyes.

"Y-Yo-You smell so good..." He sobbed as your vines pulled him closer still.

"Akira..." Ryo began gently, "There's a few more demons outside. Let's finish them off and then you can take her home with you."