"42"

Is my book full of drama? Cause I feel like a LOT of shit happened in this book.
(Sorry for some
grammatical errors and misspellings.)

"So, how do we know each other, again?" I ask this girl named Touka.

Her eyes sparkle for some odd reason. "Well. It's a pretty long story...well maybe it isn't that long..." she twirls her silver white hair around her fingers with a confident smirk. She pushes her hair back and leans forward from the chair. Both of her elbows rest on her lap as she leans even closer until she's inches from my arm.

Her turquoise eyes looking back at me in an innocent way to convey her words.

I'm not very excited to hear what she has to say, I can feel my knees, calves overall my fucking legs go entirely numb and my body has the strongest urge to stand up and do something.

"Natsu, what I'm about to say, it's going to be easy to believe since you've lost your memory and all," she says, with a blank expression, then she suddenly lightens a small smile. "and you might not trust me. But the fact that she isn't even here should alone cause you to believe me."

"She?" The skin between my eyebrows crinkle, and I suddenly got a sharp pain in my head. I lean back my head and groan as I grab my head with my hand. "Fuck—"

"Oh! Want me to call a nurse?" She says, glancing back and forth from me.

"I just—could you request aspirin or something?  I'll be fine if you could just get me that." I say. "Then you could f-finish whatever you were saying—" My head's killing me, I abruptly stop vocalizing for the sake of this intense headache.

"Sure, no problem." She beams. But I just want her to leave and get me that medicine already. What felt like hours she finally returns with a container of the medicine. "The nurse said she'll come and check up on you. And here she also said the headaches are to be expected."

I take a few pills gratefully breathlessly thanking her and drink them down with the fresh water next to me on the small table. I lean back and close my eyes shut and open them again. "W-What were you saying again?" I said, wincing with the overwhelming pain.

"Oh um, maybe you should rest before I tell you." She says with a nervous chuckle.

"I've been resting all day, I don't want to sleep right now. In fact, I'm going to go get some fresh air—" I sit up, then position my legs on the floor ready to stand up. The top of my hair is all bandaged up, but through the reflection of some glass door I can see locks of spiky hair stick out in all directions.

"Where are you going!?" Touka ushered me, I can just sense her following me around the room until I leave out.

"Outside, obviously."

"But you can't. You'll get in trouble—"

"Nobody even noticed." I said, with a grin. Touka sat on a bench as I stood near her outside the hospital. There's a little garden patch near us. It's sunny out here. Nobody said or noticed me leaving.

"Ahh. This is just what I needed fresh air. I can just feel the headache disappear completely." I stretch out my arms and breath in a great amount of oxygen.

"Oh no. There she is. Natsu, I have to tell you..." Touka gazes somewhere with a deep frown.

"Tell me what?"

"She still doesn't see us, good." She sighs, then looks up at me. "You know that blonde girl. She came with all your friends last time?"

"Oh, yeah. Lucy right? She's the girl that had my baby..." I wonder if she thinks about me. She has to come at some point right? She has to bring my daughter, I'm the father after all. Gray showed me pictures of her. She's a really cute baby, fair skin. Chubby baby cheeks and cute brown eyes and beautiful bubble gum pink hair. She definitely has the girl...Lucy's eyes.

Touka snorted. "Yeah, well. Here's the thing. She's your ex-girlfriend. But obviously you had to be there for her even she hated your guts and you did too. Since both of you became parents and all. You guys had broken up..." she says, with a clear of her throat. "Just don't ask anyone about that. Because you've guys had bad history and all. So I mean, it was actually a relief
to everyone that you've got amnesia.

Well for that. And not losing your childhood memories and all that.

Oh god, I think she's spotted us. Okay, listen Natsu—"

"She's here?" I look around until I finally spot her. She's wearing a black short dress except it's at the knees not that short. Her long blonde hair is in a messy bun, loose tendrils of bright blonde hair that fell onto her shoulders freely. She has my baby in her arms. Well, our baby.

She's wearing a yellow ducky onesie.

"Cana, hurry up." She says, looking blankly into my eyes. A girl with wavy brown hair also wearing a black dress comes behind her. She declines a call maybe? And puts her phone into a purse.

"So, you don't remember jack squat, huh, hot head?" The brown haired girl smirks at me, as they both finally stand right inches away from us. "I'm Cana Alberona. We went to high school together. I always had to break up fights between you and Gray? Along with Erza? Especially when she wasn't there?" She raises her thick eyebrow at me, is she interrogating me?

"I don't remember anything. I just know my name and last name and everything that's happened to me since I woke up here in the hospital." I say, hesitating if I should step up and take Nashi from Lucy's grasp.
Luckily, she notices my hesitation and offers me to hold her. I take Nashi and she starts making a baby giggle, and a few little angry retorts in her own little baby language.

She's the cutest thing.

So goddamn precious...

It doesn't take too long for me to get comfortable with the girls. "So, why are you guys wearing black?" I ask, as I playfully pretend to take Nashi's nose. She just laughs and has her eyes on me.

"We came back from Lucy's funeral. Her father's. He dead ass died yesterday." Cana answers, she's comfortably has found a seat next to me and Touka on the bench.

"Oh god. Sorry for that, Lucy." I say, watching her as she takes off her heels and sits on top of Cana. "Oof!" Cana exclaims with a laugh as Lucy plasters herself on Cana's lap.

"It's fine. He wasn't exactly the greatest soul out there anyways..." Lucy sighs, she's serious.

She hasn't smiled or anything.

"I'll be back." Touka says, and I nod as she stands up and walks away giving Cana a weird look. Cana gave her a dirty look right back. "Ew, that's Touka. Lisanna and Mira's younger cousin. What is she doing here??" Cana sends me a questioning glance.

"To see me. Unlike the mother of my baby, who decided to visit me now after a week." I mention, bitterly. Towards Lucy. She doesn't even respond or react.

"What are you talking about? Lucy came in every morning she could and night when you were in a coma. She even slept over at the hospital for you. Took her college coursework to do it here in fact. All while looking out for you. You don't know anything kid, you don't even remember what you did last week."

"How do you know Lucy? Anyway?" I ask.

"She's my girlfriend, that's why!" Cana grins, as she wraps her arms around Lucy's tummy. Lucy responds by quickly escaping and getting off her lap to sit between her and me instead. "Very funny." Lucy says, smiling humorlessly.

I think about what Touka said. Lucy's my ex? Could that be true? Cana did have a point there. I don't even remember what happened last week. How could I believe Touka? But then, how could I believe anyone else then? She's just as equal as everyone else isn't she? A friend of mine? Why would she lie to me?

There's a chance Touka's right.

Lucy and I had broken up and we remained together only because of Nashi.

But why did we break up??

I'm so fucking confused right now.