"23"

Also I've re-written and finalized this fanfic so um if the comments don't match the story—that's because those comments are meant for the old draft

"Wait, Hold on. Okay—300mg of water. Ok, ok. Check. Some basil? BASIL?? What's basil??" I say, writing down the ingredients for Sting's 'hangover purification potion' his words not mine. He sighs on the other line on the phone. "The leaf. The goddamn green leaves Natsu. Those. Remember this is a tea so make sure you warm it up real good—"

"Yeah okay. I get it." I say, craning my phone into my neck and ear as I fill up this tea thing with cold water as I place it on the stove ready to boil it. Zeref is humming and loves to torture me and my dizziness hangover right now as he nags
me on about cleaning the bathroom later. "You drink. You puke. You clean." He says, sipping his morning coffee as he places it down and gives me that older brother look.

I put all the ingredients on the table. Rolling my eyes. I leave the kitchen with the tea in my hand. The bathroom door is a few inches open. I walk in and see Lucy half-asleep on the toilet.

"Lucy? Lucy! Lucy! Wake up—I've already drunk some. It's helped. It'll help you too. C'mon wake up." I spoke softly at the end as I shook her shoulders as she's on the floor right by the toilet. Her arms on the lid and her eyes closed as she's slept on the toilet. She puked. I puked. End of story no need for details.

She frowns while fluttering her eyes open. Then she groans out in pain. "Natsu—what is this again?" She says as I shove the mug of tea into her hand. She drinks it down as I explain it's what Sting uses for hangovers, the thing she drank last time. And then she nearly spits out as soon as I said that. But she kept herself together and chugged it down.

I take the mug from her hand. "Better?" I say, worried.

As I bring my hand to her forehead. Could she still be dizzy?

"Does this mean I can go back to sleep now?" She says, her eyes almost crossing as she knocks herself out back onto the side of the toilet.

"Yeah. But not here. Stand up." I grab her wrist. She stumbles as I grab her around her waist and drag her back into my bedroom. She's a lot weaker to stuff like this. I'm hungover too. But I'm not that clumsy.

"God, why won't it work faster?" Lucy complains holding onto the sides of her temples, as she settles herself down on the bed. As I just released her I put the empty mug on the nightstand besides her.

"It takes time. Don't worry. It'll work." I kiss her on her forehead as I lean into her. She instantly smiles and wraps her arms around me pulling me down on her.

"Lucy?" I laugh.

"Stay with me. We can nap together." She says, her big brown eyes are almost closed they have that pleading look in them. That drives me in.

"I can't. Unfortunately." I huff, trying to look anywhere but at her. "Zeref will be all over me if I don't clean that bathroom. He's a clean freak. You know he is."

"Okay..." Lucy frowns, but her eyes still manage to look starry. Her lips form a weak smile as she tugs me closer. I allow her to. And I'm not afraid to say I love it. "Just come back after..will you?"

"Yeah. Of course. After." I grin, she lets me go and shifts comfortably back to sleep.

As I'm cleaning the bathroom I think of last night. Sting falling out of his chair everyone laughing at him. Lucy taking those shots. Jellal and his ear bleeding taste in music. Also Jellal later on almost at midnight drunk with the half of us and stripping down naked on this counter table. Waving around his shirt like some stripper, or was that Gray? I think it was both of them. Sting took the place of the DJ and switched to better music.