"12"

I know I told Lucy that I wouldn't tell our friends about her. But as soon as soon as she went back to her dorm, I told everyone I had something very important to tell them. We all met in the school's dining room. That was only used for formal gatherings. But is still open anyways.

"What the hell's wrong Natsu?" Sting says, as we walk together. "You're being so goddamn pushy."

"Natsu!" Erza shouted. She's surrounded by Gray, Juvia, Yukino, Lisanna, even Mira. And some other students I did not expect, like Laxus and Mira. They're eating. "I saved you a plate!" She says.

"No, I'm not hungry." I sigh.

"Wait...what?" Lisanna paused, while walking, holding a plate of food in her other hand.

"I'm not hungry!"

"Shocking." Erza and Lisanna say at the same time. Even Gray looks surprised as he raised his eyebrows and tore through chicken.

"Lucy's not here?" Yukino says, curious.

"That's weird. Natsu is she coming?" Sting asks me, as he tapped me on the arm.

"Would you guys just listen to what I have to say!?" I scowl. But it works, everyone now looks at me.

"We're listening." Gray says.

"Okay." I said. "Lucy needs our help."

"What?? What happened to Lucy!?" Lisanna said, rushing closer.

"Is Lucy okay? Is she sick?" Yukino asks, worried.

Sting looks just as worried. Erza looks at me her eyes demanding I say more. "Natsu. Tell us?" Gray said.

"Love rival?" Juvia says.

"Okay," I say, "Lucy's father wants to make Lucy quit school! And that's not the worst part. He wants to force her to marry to a douche she doesn't even know! I told her I wouldn't tell you guys because she didn't want to worry you guys. But I can't do that! We can't allow her to just leave! Erza, Lucy's scared. She doesn't want to be married! We have to help her somehow!"

Everyone goes silent, they all go puzzled. "This can't be..." Erza said. "Why is he doing this??" She says, angry.

"The selfish bastard just wants to make money out of his own daughter. He's no good. What should we do?"

"I'm not sure we can do anything," Gray says. "This is Lucy's father we're talking about. And Lucy's his daughter we can't meddle with his plans with her."

"So, it's okay? It's fine that our friend suffers a horrible fate as we just casually SIT BACK DOWN AND RELAX??" I start to shout.

"No!" Lisanna says. "We won't let that happen. Right, Erza?"

Erza looks unsure. This is the first time I'm truly angry with her. "I hate to say this...we have no choice...we're just Lucy's friends. We can't—we can't..." Erza says, strangled.

"No..." Lisanna says, she starts to cry. "A forced marriage? Oh those never mean anything good...she could—she could be abused...she—Lucy could be in danger!"

I'm almost gonna break down to tears just as Lisanna. But I close my eyes and clench my jaw hard that I won't. That I wont give up to save her.

"You're right. It'll never work. No matter what we say, we're not Lucy's parents." Sting says. And it's a stab in the fucking heart.

"BUT this doesn't make it right! And I won't allow that to happen! Lucy's our friend! She'll suffer! Do we just DO NOTHING? And then what? Next thing you know we're regretting the things we didn't do, that we could've prevented. We have a chance, now, we have a chance now to prevent this. You guys, we can't allow this to happen. Not to Lucy, not to anyone."