Chapter 34

Emily's POV

"I know we've been through every together, and I know you really loved the ranch, and here, and the family. Now it's time you go home." I said. He looked to me. "Please don't make this harder boy. I'm already having a hard time doing this. Your my best friend. You've protected me whenever you could. I don't know what I would do without you." I said. I started crying. I took the feather out of his mane. I heard footsteps behind me. I looked and saw my dad coming out. Will was behind him along with Tony. I ran into Will's arms. He was rubbing my back.

"You are the horse that I never thought I would have Emily ride. You took good care of her, when she was at the ranch, when she first came here, when I was in the hospital. I now thank you for that. I'm going to miss you boy." My dad said.

"I'm going to miss you spitting at people we don't like boy." Tony said. I went back up to Dusty. He looked to me. I climbed over the railing and into the pasture. I went to hug him. He rested his head on my shoulder.

"I'm going to miss you boy. You were and always will be my best friend." I said. I let go of him. He stared at me. He then turned around and started to gallop he jumped over the fence. He galloped a little farther before stopping and looking back. I waved. He reared up, neighing. Then went back down and galloped away. I watched until he was gone. I turned around. Will hugged me.

"We're all going to miss him." He said. I nodded. I looked down and I was still holding the feather. Not only does it remind me of India, but now Dusty.