Chapter 22

Will's POV

"Will, we need to talk." Emily's dad said to me.

"Um sure." I said. I was really nervous. I was nice to Emily. I didn't hurt her. What does he want then? I followed him into the barn. Everyone else was at lunch. "What do you want?" I asked.

"Emily's birthday is Halloween." He said. Oh. "I was wondering if the party could be a surprise party?" He asked.

"That would be cool." I said.

"Great. Thank you. She'll not know it's coming." He said. He started walking, more like crutching away. I went inside. I saw Bailey eating lunch. He saw me. I motioned him to follow me.

"What is it?" He asked.

"Emily's birthday is Halloween. We should do a surprise party for her." I said. He nodded.

"Cool. We could have everyone dress up in costumes that match their horse, and we could-" Bailey started saying another idea before I stopped him.

"Keep the ideas in your head. Tell everyone. But don't tell Emily. We need to act normal around her on her birthday. Ok?" I said. He nodded. "Good, now I'm going to get lunch." I said.

----------------------

Sarah's POV

"Sarah, Alma, Molly, Zoe, Chloe. Follow me." Bailey said. We all got up and followed him. Emily had a weird look on her face.

"What's wrong?" She asked. I shrugged. I followed everyone to the barn.

"The Halloween party, is now going to be a surprise party for Emily. Everyone needs to have a theme for them and their horse." He said.

"Yes, Chili and I could be royalty." Chloe said. Chili neighed when she said that.

"That was going to be me and Pepper." Zoe whines. Pepper stomped her foot. Dusty snorted.

"Dusty, you want to be a wild horse for Halloween?" I asked him. He gave me a look. I patted his muzzle.

"Button and I could be matadors." Alma said. She looked excited.

"I think Emily should be a princess." I said. We all started laughing.

"Emily a princess? Ya, and we could have Will be a prince." Bailey said. We all kept laughing.

"That's a good idea." We turned around and saw Will. Everyone went silent.

"Emily wouldn't want to be a princess." I said.

"I didn't say princess, so she has to wear a nice looking dress did I?" Will asked.

"She should wear a nice dress." Zoe said. Dusty started trotting in place. I heard footsteps. We all shushed. Emily walked into the barn.

"Hey guys." She said. She went to get Freedom. She tacked Freedom up and went to ride her.

"Ok, she's gone. She's taking Freedom on a trail ride, only to train her in private. She doesn't like people watching her." Will said. Ben walked in. We all stared at him.

"You guys planning for her birthday?" Ben asked. None of us said anything. "She doesn't like parties. Trust me, I wanted to throw a goodbye party, but she said no." Ban replied. He took Thunder for a trail ride.

"We can't say anything to her about this ok?" Will said. We nodded in agreement. What should Scarlet and I do for Halloween?