Chapter 8

Emily's POV

We came to Sarah crying. She must've been really hurt about Will breaking up with her. Will got off of Jimber and I got off of Dusty.

"You go get Scarlet, I'm going to talk to Sarah." He said. I nodded. He walked to Sarah. I walked to Scarlet slowly.

"Sarah calm down." Will said. I came to Scarlet. She reared at me. I backed away. Dusty came galloping towards her, and he neighed at her, trying to protect me.

"Why is she here?" Sarah asked. Pointing to me. "Get away from my horse, you, you b-" she started to say, but Will interrupted her.

"She's not apart of the problem." Will said. I went to calm Scarlet.

"Easy Scarlet." I went to put my hand on her muzzle slowly. She was staring at me.

"Of course she is. Why else would you break up with me?" Sarah said.

"Because your always yelling at me when it's just us, but when other people are around you act normal." Will said. I remembered back to my first day here. Sarah put her arms around Will's waist.

"I was afraid of losing you." Sarah said with tears. I was able to calm Scarlet down. She stared at Dusty, he was staring back.

"Well you should've said something." Will said.

"Can you forgive me and take me back?" Sarah asked. Will looked to me.

"I can forgive you, but I can't take you back." He stated.

"I'm just going to leave." I said, while getting on Dusty. I got him to a gallop and had him go back to Horseland. When we got back everyone started questioning me.

"Where's Sarah?"

"Is she ok?"

"What happened?" They all asked. I dismount off of Dusty and brought him to his stall. I took off his bridle and saddle.

"Sarah's with Will in a meadow. She'll be fine, just upset. Will broke up with her." I said. After the last part they all stared at me.

"Bout time." Chloe said. We all stared at her. "What?" She asked. I shook my head.

"I'm going in for lunch, is anyone going to join me?" I said. Bailey, Alma, and Molly came and followed me in. We all got our lunch and started eating.

"How do you not like tomatoes?" Molly asked Bailey. We all had a conversation on what we liked and didn't like. I said I liked BBQ food and I didn't like onions or tomatoes, then Bailey agreed with me.

"They're literally the only vegetable that had that weird liquid in them." Bailey said. We all started laughing. Sarah came in and sat between Molly and Alma. We all fell quiet. I looked down at my lunch, it was pretty much, I got up and went to throw it away. I ran into Will.

"Sorry, I was just leaving." I said. And then I left. My cheeks felt red. Will said that he couldn't take Sarah back. He looked at me before he said that. Am I the reason? I went to get Dusty. "Hey boy! We're going for a ride." I told him. I opened his stall. He was looking for the saddle and bridle. "No saddle and no bridle." He followed me out of the barn. I mounted him. I got him into a canter. He went for the fence and we jumped over it. We were inside of the grazing area. Then came the other end. He cantered towards and we jumped over it. I had Dusty stop.

I looked back and Horseland was behind of us. I made sure I had a good grip on Dusty's mane. I got him into a gallop and he galloped along the wide open space. We saw wild horses here. One of them came up to us, and started to run along with us. It then picked up speed.

"Ready boy?" I asked him. He neighed in agreement. I let him go faster. He was going so fast it felt like we were flying. Dusty started catching up to the wild horse. We were now side by side with it. It looked to us, then Dusty started going ahead of it. I had him slow down to a walk. The wild horse stopped next to us. It neighed at us. I went to put my hand on its muzzle, but it backed away.

"Its ok, boy I'm not going to hurt you, I'm Emily and that's Dusty. Dusty used to live in the wild, but he came to my father's ranch one day and he started to be apart of our family." I told it. It walked up to me. I was able to put my hand on its muzzle. "Thats a good boy." I felt my pocket and found two carrots in it. "You want a carrot?" I said while pulling one out, it sniffed it, then backed away. I turned to Dusty, he sniffed it and ate it. I took another one out, the wild horse sniffed it then it ate it. I patted its muzzle.

"Hey Emily." I turned around and saw Molly riding Calypso.

"Hey Molly." When I turned back the wild horse started backing up. "Hey, hey Molly's a friend." I said. Molly got off of Calypso and walked up to me.

"Wow, did you do this?" I nodded, she stared in awe.

"So, is Sarah mad at me?" I asked.

"No, in fact she wants to talk to you. I would bring Dusty with you, knowing he could do something to protect you." Molly said. I nodded in agreement. I mounted on Dusty and Molly got back on Calypso. I looked back to the wild horse.

"Bye." I said to it. It neighed back, then I got Dusty into a gallop and we went back to Horseland. We saw Sarah in the ring with everyone. Will was staring at me. I looked down.

"Hey Emily, we were going to do a cross country race. Do you want to come?" She asked. Cross country race, where I'm racing against everyone and I have to jump over obstacles.

"Sure." I said.

"Great." Sarah said. We trotted over to the starting line.

"You don't want a saddle or bridle?" Will asked. I shooked my head.

"We'll be fine." I told him.

"Ok, there'll be 5 obstacles, no more than one rider can't jump over the same obstacles at the same time." Will said. It was just me and Sarah. "Ready, set, go!!" Will shouted. Sarah and Scarlet took the lead at a slow gallop, Dusty and I are going at a canter. We lost Sarah and Scarlet pretty fast. We came to the first obstacle.

"Ok boy, here we go." I said to him. I gripped his mane, and had him pickup some speed. We jumped of the first obstacle. Perfect. We stayed at the same speed. I could see Scarlet's tail. They jumped over the second obstacle. When I saw it, it was a water jump. I slowed Dusty down, when we got to the jump we cleared it. Good. I made Dusty go a little faster. We were able to catch up to Scarlet, but we weren't able to pass her. I saw the third obstacle, Sarah jumped over it first, then Dusty and I jumped over it next. Sarah looked behind her.

"Your not going to pass me, Scarlet is the fastest horse here." Sarah said. I rolled my eyes.

"There boy." I saw the fourth obstacle. We picked up speed, and we're able to pass Sarah and Scarlet. We jumped over it. "Come on, I know you still have some speed." I told Dusty. He picked up more speed. We saw the finally obstacle. Dusty snorted, he picked up even more speed. I never seen him this fast. We were able to jump over the finally obstacle. Then, we sprinted across the finish line. I slowed Dusty down to a walk. I dismounted off of Dusty. He was panting. I rubbed his muzzle.

"Good boy, your done for today." I told him. Will handed me a water bottle. I took off my helmet and poured some water into it. I put it on the ground and Dusty started drinking from it.

"Here comes Sarah." Molly said. She crossed the finish line and got off of Scarlet. She walked up to me. I took a deep breath.

"Nice race." She said. She smiled. I smiled back.

"You too. You really pushed Dusty. In a good way." I said. We started laughing.

"Hey let's go back." Bailey said.

"Ya. Dusty really needs a break." I said. We all got on our horses and rode back to Horseland.