Chapter 19

Dusty's POV

"Ya Emily, run like a five year old." Ben shouted. I glared at him.

"Easy Dusty." Scarlet said. Ben was staring at me. I turned around and cantered to Emily's house. I used my hoof to knock on the door.

"Go away!!" Emily shouted. I neighed. She came to the door and opened it. She started crying into my neck. I rested my head on her shoulder. "What if dad doesn't get better? What if he can't run the ranch anymore? He would've loved to see the ranch rebuilt." She said. Her voice was muffled because her face was still in my neck. I shooked my mane. "What is it boy?" She asked. I indicated to the feather. She took it out of my mane. "You want dad to have it?" I nodded. She looked to me.

"Emily!!" I turned and saw Ben running to us. I started kicking my feet. She closed the door. Ben looked to me. "What's wrong with you?" He asked me. You are, I thought to myself. Emily opened the door. She brushed her hair and put it in a ponytail. She had the feather in her hand. "Woah." Ben said. Emily ran past him.

"Hey Will, can you take me back to the hospital?" She asked him. He nodded. They got into the car and left.

_____________________________

Emily's POV

When we got to the hospital, I got out of the car and into the hospital quickly. The lady at the front desk was the same lady from when I first came to see both Tony and dad.

"Your here to see Aaron Matthews?" She asked. I nodded, I guess she remembers me. I went to see my dad. When I came to his room, he was still unconscious. I went to the side of his bed.

"Hey dad. It's me. Dusty wants you to get better soon. He wanted me to give you his feather. I just don't want to lose you. Like I lost mom." I told him. I tied the feather to the bracelet on his arm. We made each other bracelets a couple months after my mom died. I left the room. I saw Tony was asleep, so I just went back to the car. Will was waiting for me.

"That was quick." He said as we started leaving.

"Just wanted to give him a good luck charm." I said. Please get better soon dad.