Chapter 17

Emily's POV

"Your dad and Tony are in the hospital. They got in a car accident." Will said to me. I felt tears coming to my eyes. Will pulled me into a hug. I was crying. "You want to see if we can visit them?" He asked. I nodded. Bailey came in.

"Hey is everything ok?" He asked.

"Her dad is in the hospital. We're going to see them." Will told him. We headed to the car. My dad, in hospital. What if he doesn't make it? What if he does? I'll be a orphan. My only family would be Tony, if he makes it and Dusty. "Emily were here." Will said. I looked out the window and saw the hospital. I opened the car door and started to walk to the building. "Bailey, call everyone else." Will said. Bailey nodded, and hanged back to call them. I walked to the front desk. There's a lady in a nurses uniform.

"Can I help you?" She asked.

"Um ya I'm here to see a Aaron and Tony Matthews." I said. She typed into her computer.

"Ok, Aaron is in 511 and Tony is in 510." She said.

"Thank you." I said. Will started leading the way. I was staring at the ground. Please let dad be ok, please let dad be ok. Will stopped. We were in front of the rooms. I looked to see Tony first. He was awake and looked bad.

"Hey Emily." He said.

"Hey, how bad?" I asked.

"Broken arm, maybe a concussion. Your dad got worst. The car hit his side. They said he has broken bones, a concussion, he's not awake though." Tony said.

"What do you mean?" I asked.

"On the way to the hospital, they said he fell unconscious, I was barely conscious, they said." He replied. I went to my dad's room. He looked worse than Tony. One of his feet was being levitate, he had bandages around his head, he had a heart monitor attached to him, he was still unconscious. I felt arms wrapped around me.

"I'm sorry." Will said. I started crying again. I heard footsteps coming our way.

"We got here as fast as we could........oh my...." I turn and saw Sarah with Molly and Alma. They came into a hug. They did one big group hug with me in the middle. Then Bailey, Chloe, and Zoe came, they joined it.

"Emily were really sorry at what happened." Bailey said. I looked down at the ground. Will released me, then everyone else did. I walked over to the hospital bed.

"Your going to be alright dad, I know it. Mom always said that I got my fighting spirit from you." I whispered to him. I pulled a chair up to him the chair. I stared at him. He had a oxygen mask over his mouth. I couldn't believe that he was in this condition.

-----------------------

Dusty's POV

I saw Emily come out of the house crying, Will was holding her and Bailey was following them.

"What's wrong?" Freedom asked me.

"I don't know, well she's crying but I don't know why." I told her. I was still staring at Emily in the car, she was still crying.

"Dusty whatever is wrong, everything will be alright." Scarlet said.

~time passes~

It was midnight when Emily came home, Will and Bailey went straight into the house. Emily came straight to me.

"Dad's in the hospital. He and Tony got in a car crash. Tony seems fine, butt dad's unconscious when I saw him." She told me. She patted my muzzle and walked away. I stared at her.

"Dusty?" Scarlet asked.

"Her dad is in the hospital, he's not awake." I muttered.

"Dusty, I'm sorry. Everything will be fine though really." Scarlet said.

"We don't know that, ok. Everyone says that everything will be fine, but we don't know that." I snapped.

"Dusty, stop that." Aztec shouted to me. I opened my stall, then ran away again. I jumped the fence for the grazing pasture, then I ran free. I stopped and looked back to Horseland. When I turned back, I heard galloping. I looked back and saw Scarlet.

"What do you want?" I snapped.

"Dusty what's wrong?" She asked. I plopped myself on the ground. She layed down next to me.

"Emily and her parents were like my second family, after my real parents. After her mom died, Emily and her dad took it hard, they didn't know but I took it hard too. Now that her dad is in the hospital, I don't want Emily to lose him." I said. Scarlet was staring at me.

"Why didn't you tell anyone?" She asked.

"You all look at me, like I'm the tough wild horse. When your tough, no one ask if your ok or what your feeling." I said. I then got up and went back to Horseland. When I got back, I went into my stall. I fell asleep immediately.