Chapter 16

Emily's POV

"That's her." I said. I showed dad to Freedom. He went into her stall to examine her.

"Young one, strong. She looks she could be a good one." He said. He patted her muzzle. He looked to Dusty. "He still wears that?" I looked and saw he was talking about the feather.

"Ya." I said.

"Don't worry Dusty, we all miss India." My dad said to him. Dusty trotted over to his stall, he must've opened it to get to me. "Does he still open stall doors?" Dad asked. I nodded. Tony walked in. He walked over to Freedom.

"She's very pretty. Almost like Ind-" Tony started then stopped when he saw our faces. "Sorry." He apologized. I smiled at him

"It's fine." I said. "So you really think the ranch will be ready soon?" I asked.

"Ya Em. Won't it be exciting. We'll have a new ranch, and you'll be able to come back home." My dad said with excitement.

"Yay." I said weakly.

"Tony, Will, can you guys leave us be?" He asked. They both nodded and walked out. Will looked back to me. I smiled to reassure him. Then he walked to start teaching everyone jumping techniques. "What's wrong Em?" He asked me.

"It's just that, I really like it here. I grew to this place dad." I replied.

"You sure it's not the boy." He said. I stared at the ground. "Emily, he seems like a good kid, really, but I don't know how much training you've been doing. Plus I miss you Em." He said. I didn't know how to save myself.

"We have a competition, on Wednesday, I'll show you how hard I've been working. And what if we moved out here, you always say you wanted to become a music teacher." I said. I wasn't convincing him well enough. "Dad I promise I'll do good in the competition on Wednesday. It's a show jumping one, that's Dusty's and I second best event, after Western riding." I said.

"If you get first or second, then we'll talk about it." He said.

"Deal." I said. We shook hands on it. "I better go train." I said. I went to tack up Dusty and I brought him to the ring so we could practice our show jumping. Everyone was working on the high jump.

"Bailey, heels down." Will shouted. "Who's next?" Will asked.

"Emily wants to go." Zoe said. I glared at her.

"Go head Zoe." Will said. Zoe went ahead. She got Pepper to a gallop. When they got to the jump, Pepper jumped over it, but she hit the railing. Zoe jumped to early.

"Great Pepper." Zoe said. She was upset about Pepper hitting the railing.

"Your turn Emily." Will said. I took a deep breath, then brought Dusty to a canter. When we got to the jump, we were able to clear it.

"Nice job." Will said.

"Good job boy." I told Dusty. Let's hope we can do this good of a job on Wednesday.

~time passes~

"Bye Emily." Sarah waved to me. I waved back. Everyone left, my dad and Tony left a while ago

"Come guys, let's get some dinner." Bailey said. He started running into the house.

"What is it with food and Bailey?" I asked Will.

"No clue, but if we want something for dinner we better hurry up." Will said, we started heading to the house. When we got to the house, it was pizza for dinner. Bailey was already at a table eating his two pieces. Will and I joined him.

"Bailey, there's something called breathing between bites." I told him, he was already halfway done with his first piece. I took a bite of my pizza.

"Shut up." He said with his mouth full of pizza. The phone started ringing.

"I got it." Will said. He got up to get the phone. Bailey and I were quiet.

"Hello?" He said. "Oh, I'll go tell her." Tell her what. Bailey pointed to me. "Um, thanks for telling me. Bye." He said. The phone was hung up. Will entered back into the room. His face was pale. "Emily can we talk alone?" I nodded, I got up and left with Will.

"What is it?" I asked. He was making me scared.

"Emily, your dad and Tony are in the hospital. They got in a car accident." He told me.