Trying not to look at your infuriatingly attractive boss, you walk over to him and sit down at the table. You feel his gaze burning into you, but you don't look up. Instead, you slide your phone out of your pocket and pretend to be doing something important on it.

Your stomach clenches when you sense Jungkook move. He drags his chair around the table and comes and sits next to you. He rests his face on the palm of his hand and just stares at you intently, waiting for you to look up at him. You keep your eyes trained on your phone screen. But a hand plucks it from your grip and places the device face down on the table. You look up and raise your brows at him, unamused.

He simply gives you a smug smile, sending butterflies coursing through your insides. He subtly places a hand on your leg under the table.

"Didn't anyone ever tell you it was rude to have your phone out at the table, Y/N?" he purrs lowly, hand slowly inching higher up your thigh. You hold your breath, not daring to move, lost in his dark, sultry eyes. Why does something as simple as his touch render you so helpless? Life with Jungkook in it is going to be hard if you can't help but react like this every time he flirts with you. It's like he's got you wound around his little finger. You have to get out of this situation right now before you do something you'll regret.

"Pfff, whatever. Get your dirty hands off me Jeon," you sass, brushing away his fingers.

Sass. That was your go to for getting out of any situation like this one. Jungkook tilts his head to the side, cocking a brow.

"You don't enjoy my touch?"

"No! Of course not" you protest, your face flushing crimson. Even you have to admit, that really didn't sound very convincing.

"Don't lie to me Y/N," he smirks and sends you his infamous wink. You can't take this anymore, you're about to melt into a puddle. You stand up abruptly, pulling your skirt down slightly as you do so as to avoid provoking him any further.

"I'm off to the... the washroom," you say in a high-pitched voice, mentally slapping yourself at how obviously affected you are. Jungkook simply chuckles and shakes his head as you scurry to the ladies' restroom. You can't keep running away like this every time he makes you flustered. You just need stop thinking these perverted thoughts about him. You're going to be spending a lot of time with him, so you just have to toughen up. You remind yourself for the millionth time, he's a player and he doesn't fall for anyone. He does this to every female he meets, and you refuse to let him make a fool of you.

*****

It's Monday morning, and you've just got into work.

It turns out that when he talked to her outside, your brother had asked Minji to be his girlfriend. The flushed and happy couple had returned to the café shortly after you came back from the bathroom, hand in hand. You distracted yourself from Jungkook by being pleased for the couple and congratulating them, celebrating their newly minted relationship over breakfast. Everyone had left afterward and to your relief, you finally got a break from your boss' irresistible charms for a while.

That is, until today. Sighing, you pick up some paperwork from your desk, ready to report to his office as usual. Hoseok appears next to you and slings an arm around your shoulder lazily.

"Hey Y/N, why the long face?" he says cheerfully.

"Oh, hey Hoseok," you wonder if you should mention that you know about him being friends with Jungkook. You decide not to, as it might make him uncomfortable and could potentially ruin the little plan that you have begun to formulate in your head.

"It's nothing, just got the Monday blues," you smile reassuringly. He pats your head. Jimin rocks up too, placing his bag on his desk.

"We still up for Coffee after work with Jin Hyung?" he sends you both that adorable eye smile you've grown to be so fond of.

"Of course, we do it every Mond- "

Suddenly, you are cut off by a high-pitched wail. All three of you turn to see where the noise is coming from, and what you see almost makes you pass out in shock.

In the center of the of the room is Lee Hyuna, on the floor, kneeling before an angry Jungkook.

"Please, Mr. Jeon, I'll do anything –" She pleads, bowing down to him.

"I'm sorry Hyuna, but I don't keep despicable, shameful bullies like you employed in my company. You're fired," he looks down at her, total and utter disgust written all over his face. She bursts out crying, but it seems that Jungkook doesn't feel sorry for her at all, and neither do you. She has done too much damage to you and your brother for you to ever feel sympathy for her. She catches sight of you through her despairing tears. Before Jungkook or anyone else can stop her, she runs up to you and seizes your shoulders, shaking them violently.

"YOU!" she screams hysterically. "YOU FUCKING WHORE! THIS IS ALL YOUR FAULT! EVERYTHING WAS ALL YOUR FAULT! I JUST WISH YOU WOULD FUCKING DIE," she begins to slap your chest repeatedly while you just stand in horror and shock. Jungkook runs over and together he and Jimin pull the struggling girl off of you. Jungkook gives her one last glance that is full of loathing before he can stand looking at her face no longer.

"Get out of my building," he says harshly. Giving one last frustrated cry, she wrenches herself from their grip and flees from the building.

With everyone still feeling very shaken, for a second the room is completely silent. Then slowly, one by one, people start to clap. After just a few seconds, the entire room is full of applause. You could do nothing but gape in humiliation. Jimin and Hoseok are just confused by this sudden outburst. All the other co-workers don't seem to care about why she got fired, they are just glad that she did. Glad to see her gone, cheering and whistling in celebration. After all, Lee Hyuna was not exactly the ideal co-worker.

"Are you okay?" he whispers to you. Your heart is warmed by Jungkook's entire act, that he would go as far as to fire her to protect you, or perhaps because he shares your hatred towards her for hurting Taehyung. You nod quickly. With your confirmation, Jungkook turns back to his employees.

He holds his hand up to silence the applause, smiling at everyone.

"Sorry about that interruption everyone, you may return to your work now," and with that, everyone ceases their cheering. The applause dies down and people return to their computers.

"Come with me to my office," your boss says, motioning vaguely for you to follow. He turns around and walks to the hallway, hands tucked into his pockets.

Hoseok and Jimin just gape at you, probably wondering how your boss knew about Hyuna being your high school bully. But you simply shake your head, staring at the place where she was kneeling just a few moments ago. Shaking yourself out of your daze, you force your feet into motion and follow after Jungkook.

*****

A/N

Thanks for 400 reads! 👏🏻🎉
I'm thinking of introducing some new POVs... let me know in the comments if you think this is a good idea. Don't forget to vote if you enjoyed it, or if you didn't, i'm open to any suggestions on how i can improve the story. xx

*****