“Okay.” She nodded finally looking back up at me.

I kissed her lightly. “It’ll be okay, I promise.”

The drive to my parents house was uneventful, there was no good music on the radio so I briefly ranted about that.

I parked the Jeep in the driveway and went to get Rainah’s door. We walked hand in hand through the front door.

“Hello?” I called, it was nearing 10 so I figured my mom was in the kitchen cleaning up after breakfast, dad was down in his office and Zoey, Xavier, Lily and Sky were in the basement as well watching TV.

“Kitchen!” my mom called, we headed that way.

“Where is everyone?” Rainah asked her.

“In the basement playing video games or something.” She answered, shrugging. She had just finished loading the dishwasher.

There was a pause as my mother stared at me, silently asking if I had talked to her. I nodded slightly in response.

To my surprise, Rainah broke the silence.

“I want to help you guys get custody of us.” She said. “If you are willing to take us in, I know Sky and Lily will be happy.”

“Excellent.” My mom smiled.

“Could Rainah still live with me?” I asked.

My mom seemed to think this over. She looked between us as if she was trying to figure out our relationship.

“I’ll have to talk to your father about that.” She finally replied to me.

“When would you want us to move in?” Rainah asked.

“I think next weekend would work.” She said. “When did you want to talk to your mom?”

I carefully watched her expression. I knew calling her mom would be difficult and frustrating for her. I hadn’t even talked to her mom but I wanted to punch her in the face, but that was the least helpful thing I could do in this situation.

Rainah sighed and looked down, biting her lip. I squeezed her hand that I had never let go of. She smiled slightly and squeezed back.

“I can try later today if you would like.” She said, looking up to meet my mothers somewhat sympathetic gaze.

“There is no rush, dear.” My mom told her, her eyes wide in shock.

“I know, I just want to get it over with.” She replied honestly.

My mom stepped forward and gave Rainah a hug.  “Alright, whenever you want to.”

“Thank you.”

“I think we were going to go downstairs.” I said to my mom.

“Have fun.” She nodded.

I grabbed Rainah’s hand once again and we made our way to the basement.

“Can you be there when I call her?” she asked me while we walked down the stairs. I could faintly hear the sound effects of Mario Kart and people laughing.

“Of course, I’ll be there whenever you need me.” I replied, squeezing her hand again.

When we walked into the TV room we saw Zoey and Lily racing each other. Sky sat next to them on the couch and Xavier sat on the floor. He and Sky seemed content to just watch.

“Hey, Rain, hey Will.” Sky was the first to notice us, she saw our hands together and she smiled.

“Hey guys.” I said after everyone said hi. I sat down on the ground next to Xavier and pulled Rainah down into my lap.