Chapter 11 - You Never Told Me

Catherine's POV

I didn't sleep well last night. I had too many thoughts going on in my mind. I tossed and turned while Natalie slept like a baby. I'm walking around the dorm, cleaning up random things. It's now Saturday, which means I can do whatever I feel like. There are three things I want to do today. Number one, do a bit of studying. I haven't studied in what seems like a decade and exams are approaching. Number two, have a girls day out with Nat. Over the past two weeks it's all been about Andrew so I need some girl time. Maybe do some shopping in the centre of London and stop for lunch somewhere nice. Number three, fix up the whole Louis situation. I'll invite him over, tell him that I love him, and we will live happily ever after. I stopped in my tracks and thought of Lou. I smiled at the ground and laughed at old memories.

              So hopefully, I can get Louis to come over this morning. Go out with Nat in the afternoon, and study in the late afternoon. Natalie is awake, but still lying in her bed.

              "Hey, do you want to go shopping in the centre of London today and maybe have lunch somewhere nice?" I ask her

              "Praise the lord. Yes!" she said, springing out of her bed.

              I laughed.

              "May I ask why you are so keen?" I ask, picking up one of my worn T-shirts.

              "I have been stuck in here for a week. The only time I've left the dorm is to go to class which is like two minutes away."

              I smile

              "We'll leave at noon." I confirm

              I grab my phone out of my bag and search my contacts. Lisa, Lottie, Louis. There he is. I press call and hold the phone to my ear, walking around the dorm muttering' 'please pick up'.

              "Hello?" I hear him ask

              "Hey, Lou, It's Catherine." I say

              "Oh, hey Catherine!" he sounds surprised that I'm on the other line

              "I was wondering if you could drop by me and Nat's dorm this morning?" I ask

              "Sorry, I can't. I'm really busy with rehearsals. The show is tomorrow and we have to perform two songs. How about I drop by after class on Monday?" he explains

              "Oh, ok, that's fine. See you." I hang up

              "Is he coming or what?" Nat asks, searching through the wardrobe for something to wear this afternoon.

              "No, he's busy. But he said he'll come by after class on Monday." I explain

              I spend the rest of the morning attempting to make pancakes, but they fail, miserably, so I just have some cereal for breakfast. I find an outfit for this afternoon. I put on some high waisted, red, skinny jeans with a pale blue blouse and black heels. Nat and I exit the dorm and head for the subway station.

              We wait patiently for a train, but something catches my eye. An ad for X Factor is up against the subway wall. I can see Cheryl, Simon, Dannii and Louis Walsh at the bottom of the ad. But it shows all the finalists lined up in a row. I spot One Direction, and from there I spot Louis. I tap Natalie on the shoulder and point to the ad.

              "Ohh, Where's Harry?!" she asks, jumping up and down

              I laugh. It feels so weird seeing someone you know on an ad in a subway station, did you know? You know them as a friend that you've been around, through good times, and their worst moments, and everyone else sees them as a celebrity. It's strange. People go around thinking that they are perfect when they are just as perfect as anybody else out there. Exhibit A, Natalie and Harry Styles. Natalie thinks he's this perfect teenage boy, when he probably has a friend out there thinking the same thing as me. These people aren't perfect, they just have a talent.