Chapter 9 - Recording

Louis' POV

              It's week 8. I'm sitting in the room with Niall. Harry and Zayn are using the gaming systems downstairs while Liam is getting friendly with one of the back-up dancers, Alexia. Niall has his guitar, as always, and he's lying on the bed, strumming random notes. I'm on my phone, texting my mate Stan. It's feels like week 1 again, only Liam isn't here. We're sort of having a conversation, like last time. Both of us sometimes randomly sing bits of 'Summer of '69', which is one of our songs for this week.

              "Back in the summer of '69!" Niall sings

              I tap my feet as the tune plays in my head.

              "So Liam and Alexia." Niall says

              "Yep. They look like a cute couple." I comment

              "Oh, I've been meaning to ask, that girl that came two weeks ago, Catherine" My head perks up. "Was she that girl you were talking about a while ago?" Niall asks

              I nod.

              "Yeah..." I say as my mind wonders off, thinking of all the memories we made as teenagers. The jokes, the parties, the good times, and the bad. Performing 'Grease' together, watching horror films. Then I remember when I was filing out my X Factor application form online. The memory comes back clearly.

(December 2009)

              I sit there, looking at the computer screen. Catherine has some coloured popcorn in her hand. She's munching away while I'm about to make a big career move.

              "Press send." She says with her mouth full

              I look back at her.

              "You really think I should do it?" I ask. I'm beginning to get cold feet.

              She nods in encouragement. I sigh. I move the mouse and click send. There, it's done.

              "Louis?" Niall asks

              I get out of my flashback zone and come back to Earth.

              "Yeah, what?" I ask quickly

              "You gonna tell her?" he asks

              "Oh, I don't know. I just don't think I’ve got the guts to say it to her face." I say

              "You don't have to. C'mon!" He says as he grabs his guitar

              "What?" I'm confused

              "You got like, a song you want to sing to her that gets the message across?" he asks

              I search through my mental song database. It hits me like a rock. A song that we both loved through high school that would get the message across for sure.

              "Do you know how to play 'Look After You' by The Fray?" I ask

              "Sure. I'll go get a video camera." he says

              I can't believe it! I'm actually going to tell her!

Natalie's POV

              Catherine's out on another date with Andrew, again. I'm alone in our small dorm at about 8.00 at night. It's Friday the 25th of November, 2010. I need to do a bit of my photography assignment soon. Meh. I have another week. I haven't added Catherine on facebook, have I?

              I open up my laptop, log on and search for Catherine. Me and her have a few mutual friends so I don't have to type in her last name. I go to her wall, but something catches my eye before I click the send friend request button. Louis, from One Direction, has posted a video on her wall. The screen shot of the video is of him sitting on a chair, with Niall next to him with his guitar. They were in a room with two bunks and a single bed.

              It was labelled: 'Catherine, please watch this...'. I didn't have a description. Beneath it it said 'Liam Payne likes this'

              I wonder what the video's all about...