Chapter 3 - Viva La Vida

Louis POV- 4 Days Later

            I never expected to make it this far. I mean, I’m just an ordinary by from Doncaster of all places. Standing on that stage that April in Manchester, I didn’t think I would be standing here, backstage, about to sing ‘Viva la Vida’ in front of, about 700 hundred people, but an even larger T.V audience of around 12 million. And, it’s live. I look over to my new band mates Harry, Liam, Niall and Zayn. They look just as nervous as me. Luckily I don’t have a solo this week.

            I bet Catherine’s watching from her dorm. I miss her a lot. I really want to talk to someone about how excited and nervous I am, but I fell like she loses interest when I bring up the subject of ‘The X Factor’. I really want to tell her how much I love her, but I’m worried that, especially now, she’s slipping away from me. We haven’t talked for weeks.

            I walk out on stage, and Liam starts to sing. All you can see is Cheryl, Dannii, Louis and Simon, behind the desk, and then it’s just darkness with a lot of flashing camera lights. But the SOUND!! It’s incredible! The chorus arrives and it’s my turn to sing.  

            After little time, Zayn is already singing the last line and it’s time to move off stage.

Catherine’s POV- 5 mins before The X Factor aired on T.V

            Natalie(The girl I met a few days ago) and I got some popcorn and drinks ready so we were all set to watch the first live show of ‘The X Factor’ on our small T.V. Me and Natalie found out we were sharing a dorm. We have become good friends over the past 3 days. We sat down on Natalie’s bed and tuned in to the T.V show. First was the group ‘F.Y.D’

            “You know, there not that good at singing. They’re good at dancing, but I feel like that’s all the performance is about, dancing.” Amelia commented

            “Could not agree more.” I said

            Next was Matt Cardle, who was said to be the favourite of the season

            After a few more performances, out came 16 year old Cher Lloyd.

            “I like her, she’s cool.” I comment

            “Yeah, nice voice she’s got.” Natalie agreed

            After a few more performances, it was time for who I’d been waiting for

            “One Direction!” announces the voice over man

            Out they come. Harry, Liam, Niall, Zayn and Louis. The one with the straight, light brown hair is called Liam, Louis tells me. He starts to sing. I’m not gonna lie, he sounded very good.

            “Aww. These guys are very cute.” Natalie said, smiling at the screen.

            “Have I told you I was really good friends with one of them in high school?” I ask, as I reach for a handful of popcorn.

            “No. Which one?!” She said, excited that she now had links to these ‘cute’ boys.

            “See the one with the straight dark brown hair? Him.” I say as I get up off the bed and point to him on the screen

            “He’s adorable! But my favourite has to be the one with the curly hair. Do you know their names?” she asked

            “Yeah, Louis told me. The guy I know is Louis, the one with the straight light brown hair is Liam, the one with curly hair is Harry, the blonde is Niall and the one with black hair is Zayn.”

            “Harry.” She repeated to herself

            The one called Zayn sang the last line and then they were off the stage. They were pretty good. I think I know who I’m going for this season…