Memories

"It's better to kill our memories, I'd create a better one."

"Let's get down to the business" she uttered seriously.  

"Uhm, I didn't expect you to come this far, Isla" I said because it's true, who would believe that my little girl back then, are now here celebrating the successful days of her life? 

"I am here for the business proposal, so shall we?" Wow, she really did changed a lot. 

"Oh, okay" I replied, somehow I wanna know her even better now, her life is a lot better now.

"Mr. Fernandez are you listening?" she snapped her fingers for me to come back to my senses. 

"Yes, of course" I lied a little.  

"So I'll contin-" I interrupted her

"Niamh Isla Asuncion, where were you when I needed you the most?" I asked bluntly, I just wanna know where she is when I'm having the bad days of my life.

"W-what are you t-talking a-bout?" all I can see is her and her nervousness

"Just answer me! Isla you left me! I'm numbing the pain but after the long time? when I  saw you? I finally feel it. The crappy things inside me, the desolation, the grief, the heartache, like something just so broke." I screamed hoping the pain would stop itself.

"Reece" she said while sobbing hard. 

"I d-don't know w-here to start, the way I left you made me feel like I'll never reach tomorrow, I have this unending pain inside me, howling for your whole existence, I'm having the worst day of my being back then Reece, having a complete family but there is no love at all is like a broken family, and that's the cue I have to drift away from you, and it hurts so bad to slowly leave someone I once claimed to love, please understand me" she explained but somehow it didn't take away the pain

"I guess you have no idea of how much this is hurting me, Isla. Even on bad days I'll still be happy with you but you left" I exclaimed

"There are so many things I wanted to tell you but I knew it would mean hurting you so I buried them and let it kill myself. All I wanted is to have one more conversation with someone I love, one more chance to fix all of this, but I think it's too late" she replied, why won't she understand how much her words are hurting me?

"If I got rids of my demons, will I able to touch you, will I able to kiss you and to love you again?" I asked her one last time, I want to be with her again

"It would mean losing your angels too, Reece Fernandez" she uttered. I think that would be hard but she's my angel, my only angel.

"It's better to kill our memories, I'd create a better one."  I answered happily.

Some people think that being strong is to never feel the pain but in reality, the strongest people are the ones who feel it, understand it and accept it.

Niamh Isla Asuncion is the proof that you can walk through hell and still be an angel and if one word could describe love? it would be her name.