Chapter 6

Fury is very stubborn. I have learned this today when I attempted to refuse his offers. I don't perform well around others for obvious reasons and I feel no need to leave my safer and more suitable lifestyle behind to fight for strangers alongside even more strangers, all of which could easily pose a threat to me. I don't care about anyone else, why should I risk my life for them all when I don't want to and have no obligations to?

"I have already told you, I have no interests in joining this little group," I say in a bored tone, attempting to keep the irritation from my voice. "I have no respect for people who do not value the wishes of another."

"Then stop bring a hypocrite and value my wishes," Fury alters my words. "Testro lackzi mindez!" I hiss, not caring that I've switched languages. It happens when I let my mouth choose its own words rather than leave it to my mind to consider first; I tend to blurt out phrases that aren't in English.

"It is not you who is being asked to change their ways for something dangerous for them as well as everyone around them! You must think more carefully about the lives you would be putting at risk!" I add in English for good measure.

"And who's would I be putting at risk?" Fury counters, seemingly not bothered in the slightest by my change in languages. He starts moving closer, trying to tower over me and get me to submit, like an Alpha wolf to their pack member. "Don't you dare come any closer or you will find out," I threaten warningly, backing up a little.

His eye narrows at me, as if boring into me, before he wordlessly turns and leaves. I start muttering profanities, switching out of English again so he won't overhear and understand what I'm saying.

"What language is that?" Steve asks me. I almost forgot he was in the room. "None you would know," I reply. "It is not technically recognised as an official language anymore, unless things have changed since the last time I checked."

"Well what did you say to Fury?" He asked. I called him a 'man without mind', in simpler words a fool, I explain telepathically so that Fury won't overhear. Which he is if he believes I will agree to his offer.

"I don't know, he can be very persuasive," Steve chuckles. "You've got that right," a voice confirms. We turn to see Natasha and Tony walking in. "So I hear you speak another language?" Tony is smirking for some reason.

"That is correct," I answer cautiously. There's no need to lie if he overheard. "Can you tell me how to say 'Tony Stark is the best'?" He asks me. "I need to make sure everyone knows this no matter what language they speak."

"Lacksi-maturez plusse persamor essa Tony Stark," I tell him. "Well now I need to go tell this to the others. Thanks, Lexis!" He Says cheerily as he saunters out again, yelling his new catchphrase.

"You should not have told him that," Natasha sighed. Why can't I teach him the phrase 'Tony Stark is immature and vain'? I ask telepathically, smirking. The pair smirk back when they realise what I've done. There are laughs from the other room when Tony begins making a song out of his new favourite sentence as I've now informed everyone except him of what he's actually saying, though nobody has the heart to correct him.

"What language is that, anyway?" Natasha asks. "Apparently we won't know it," Steve tells her. "It's called Tamatari," I offer. "It is my first language, though I am just as fluent in English."

"What other languages do you know?" Natasha asks me. "I know a little Latin, but not much," I answer. "Though I haven't heard it spoken in years."

"It's a dead language," Steve says. "It died out?" This is genuinely news to me. "Shame. It was a simple language to grasp, as far as I am concerned. At least I learned phrases that will be useful to say when Stark is irritating me."

The pair chuckle slightly, though they seem curious about something. They're about to ask a question when Tony runs back in in his armour. "Everybody suit up and protect Lexis, she's just a civilian in this case! We've got an angry Banner!"

"What riled him up this time?" Natasha questioned, pulling off her hoodie and jeans to reveal a black catsuit underneath. "He heard we were trying to get Lexis into the team and Fury mentioned doing it by force," Stark answered. "Bruce got defensive about it for some reason and Fury said it was only an option he was considering and most likely wouldn't do anyway but then the green cane out."

"Stay in here and don't draw the attention of the big green guy," Steve ordered me, running off with Natasha and Tony in tow. Why is this place shaking? Loki questions in my head. He's genuinely confused. All I've been told is that I cannot speak to the 'big green guy', I reply before cutting him out again.

Thank the gods for the large doors that saved the walls from being broken down because a large green beast of a man ran straight through, yelling and roaring. He smashed whatever he could see. I looked into their head and was astounded by all the rage and anxiousness and pain.

He noticed me and cane running over, but Vision flew over and took the hit for me, getting himself knocked across the room in the process. The pain the beast was feeling grew slightly at the sight.

"You are afraid of hurting them," I say, drawing their attention back to me. "You do not want to hurt them, but you do want to release your anger. Do I have this correct?"

Instead of answering they try to punch me again, but I look them in the eye. "Do not hit me," I order, not feeling like touching them.

Their fist instantly stops, then falls limply to their side.

Heart Of StoneOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara