Chapter 1

"We're taking you somewhere safe, kid," a man said to me, offering his hand. "Don't touch me," I order, flinching away. I understand that he's only trying to help, but that doesn't mean I can touch him. He seems confused. "Human contact... its not an option for me," I say, hoping this will be enough explanation for now. "Don't take it personally."

"Sorry," he apologises, retracting his hand. "Are you with me, though? I know where we can get you to a safe place."

I consider it. "On one condition." "Which is?" He asks curiously. "We free the other prisoner here."

"Who?" He questions. "They're here somewhere, I can feel their suffering," I reply. "I've felt it for so long... it's painful. They don't deserve it."

"Do you know where they are?" The man asks me. "Somewhere downstairs," I answer. "Please... I know they don't deserve it, or if they do they've at least learned their lesson."

"Let's go," he agrees. I give him a thankful smile and follow my instincts, leading us down towards where they were always supposed to be. I've never felt such suffering so vividly from another being. It's just as torturous to know it all.

I feel myself grow weaker and weaker with every step. I've been drained of my energy while trying to free them. I just can't find them. And the people here... they have armour and horrible weapons. They forced me into that cell and I've been contacting anyone who has walked by ever since. They created devices that block out my powers, so they have no clue that I can use them, making outside communications very easy.

They tested a few weapons on me, seeing me as their obedient little lab rat. Thankfully their armour prevented them from actually touching me, or I would've been in trouble.

"Are you alone here?" I ask the strange man who saved me. "My team are here, too," he replied. "Are you okay? You don't look so good."

"I'm pretty sure I'm going to pass out soon," I reply. "I hope one of your teammates have armour if you're planning on playing hero again."

"Surprisingly, yes," he confirmed. "I'll call him over just in case something happens."

He presses a finger to his ear. "Tony, I've got a girl here who's afraid of human contact and says she might pass out in a minute. She's fine with armour if you're willing to carry her."

After a moment he sighs. "He's more than happy to help, he's on his way. Are you sure there's someone else here?"

"Positive," I nod. We reach a guarded door and the man pushes me aside, then throws his shield at them. It flies around like a boomerang, coming back to him after knocking the guards out cold. I open the door, revealing a man chained up in what appears to be some kind of incredibly powerful bindings.

"Woah!" A voice says. Turning around, I see an armoured man flying over to us. "Is that really who I think it is or was my breakfast poisoned to make me hallucinate?"

"They should go free," I say, using my powers. "They're... sorry... for whatever it is they did... they didn't want it to be this way... they want redemption... they want another chance..."

The efforts of using my powers drains the last of my energy and I fall, but the armoured man catches me. "Hm, well that's one way to fall for me," he remarks.

"If I come into contact with human skin, I swear to the gods I will kill you all," I mutter with the last of my consciousness. "And make sure the man in chains escapes here. I've heard his thoughts and I know his true self. He regrets whatever he did in the past. Get him away from here."

"Oh we will," the original man who saved me says. It's the last thing I hear before the world turns black and I relax in the metallic arms of the armoured man.

~•~

When I wake up, I'm in a strange room filled with equipment I couldn't even begin to name. Memories come flooding back of why I'm here and I instantly start checking myself over for the telltale sign that I came into human contact.

Thankfully nothing seems out of the ordinary. I sigh in relief. So they did keep their word, after all.

"Oh wow, you're awake," a voice says in surprise. I look over to see a man with dark brown hair, though it's starting to gain grey streaks. "Where am I?" I demand, looking around. I start using my powers on him.

"You're in Stark Tower, you're safe here," he replies. "Well, you're safe as long as you don't make me angry."

I'm about to ask why, but then his thoughts turn to a green monster destroying things. "I see," I nod, though really I'm a little confused as to why that's what he's thinking about. "Did anyone touch me?"

"No, we knew you didn't like it and your condition was stable enough that we just needed to let you rest," he replied. I found he was telling the truth. "Good. What about the other guy?"

He paused for a moment. "He's out of that place you were in," he started truthfully. "Where is he now?" I persist. "He's safe," is all he says, but his mind conjures up images of him being attacked by a blonde guy with a hammer.

"You lie," I hiss. "Where is he?"

He seems shocked that I know, but thankfully I also manage to squeeze some more information out of his mind. I wordlessly Head off in an attempt to find the poor man.

It didn't take long for me to run into someone. I recognised them almost instantly. The man who saved me from that place. "You're awake," he smiles. "Tell me where that man is!" I order. "I am not in the mood for games! I know he is somewhere here and that he is likely to get a hammer to the face if I don't intervene!"

"Loki is a villain who is none of your concern," he replied gently but sternly.

A villain?