Ten years later

I come to the cemetery every two weeks, I know that's not that often but I have lots of things to do.
I always need to come and see you.
I received the letter only 30 minutes before receiving the call.
The day of the funeral killed me.
It literally killed me.
I felt like dying.
I didn't want to live in a world without you.
Today has been 10 years since your passing and no one has really moved on.
Everyone still misses you, everyone's still grieving.
---------------------------------------------
After giving her headstone a quick dust, I trace her letters with my thumb and forefinger. "Hi." I whisper, then I proceed to tell her what has happened in the past three weeks. I know that I generally see her every two weeks but this week I was very busy.
"Last week, at the concert, we raised over $800, the doctors say they are super close to finding that miraculous drug,well, cure. They plan on calling it- Lizzy's. I requested that they name the drug after the only person that's ever really died from the same disease that you have- had.
Every day I still think about you.
In my house I have photos of us on my wall. The photo you sent me.
You see, in still single, but I adopted a daughter, Lizzy Beth. I named her Lizzy Beth after you. She's three and a half and somehow, even though there's no relation to the both of you, she's so much like you. That same spunky personality, the craziness. The same hair colour and beauty.

I often tell her about you.
How and why she's called Liz.
She lives and loves to learn about you.
Her eyes always widen in excitement
She always wants to hear about you. Always begging me to read the book I published.
"Elizabeth Browne, the love of my life"

And when she's older I'll give her the picture book that you gave me, that your mum gave me at the funeral, the book that broke my heart.
Because I knew that you were gone and never coming back.