08

M A Y A
"buzzz buzzz buzzz" my phone screams. gosh, can the world just stop spinning for a second. my head hurts! i take a quick look around to see where i am and to my surprise, i wasn't in my room but instead i was in a bed with some stranger. i wasn't able to tell who it was because he was facing the other way. i peak under the blankets and thank god i still had clothes on, all though... they weren't my clothes. i was wearing an oversized nyu hoodie and nothing underneath. 

"morning maya." i hear, i look over and see joshua just staring at me. ughh his eyes and that morning voice. geez, how is he single? must be a player or something.

"joshua... how did i get into this hoodie?" i ask him. 

"calm down hart. it was nothing you were drunk and uncomfortable in your clothes. i also ran to target in  the middle of the night to grab a few makeup removers because i didn't want you to harm your beautiful face" he says as he removes the strand of hair out of my face. 

"you know... this doesn't feel wrong. me waking up next to you... " i admit as he carcasses my face. 

"maya... i like you. i know we haven't really known each other for a long time but i do. ever since i laid my eyes on you." he confesses as he leans in. 

"joshua. we can't." i say as he leans back. 

"why?"

"the bellas, your niece. i like you too but it won't work. i don't want to betray them." i tell him as he looks down. 

"fine. let's do it in secret." he suggests. 

"joshua, are you high?!" 

"hear me out. we aren't too sure of how we feel about each other so we should just go out in secret and if anything goes bad, we can stay friends but if it gets really serious then we can reconsider." he explains 

"you know what, it wouldn't hurt." i agree. 

"great!" he says as huge smile grows on to her face causing me to giggle. 

"great! i'll see you soon. riles must be worried. bye joshua." i say as i get up and attempt to leave the bed but he grabs my hand to stop me from leaving. 

"joshuaaa i need to go." i say as he rests his cheek on my hand. 

"joshua, let go or else i'm calling cam." i say as his eyes shoots wide open and instantly lets go. 

"haha! goodbye." i say as i put my fingers through his head and kiss him on the forehead.