The Color Of Love. Chapter 22

Start from the beginning

"I'm ready." She grabbed my hand and we walked up the stairs. God I felt like I was getting the death penalty and I was taking my walk to the electric chair or injection room. I felt Karen squeeze my hand then tug on it. I looked up. We were at the door and I could already hear music blaring from inside. Karen let go of my hand and opened the door. Here we go, there was no turning back now. I had to do this. I stepped inside behind Karen and closed the door. I walked with her as she went into the kitchen.  

"Here," she said handing me a cup filled with a drink.  

"What is this?" I asked her before drinking.  

"Something to make things easier, trust me you'll need it," she said drinking some of the drink in her hand. I put the cup to my lips and slowly drank. It left a warm feeling in my throat as it passed down. I gave her back the cup and she set in down.  

"Alright go do your thing girl!" I smiled at Karen and then walked away to scan the room. I didn't see anybody I knew meaning no Chris and no Jake. Ugh, don't seem like you're looking for him I told myself. He could be watching me and I didn't know it. I turned back around to go find Karen when a guy approached me.  

"Hey Baby!" he said. Usually I would roll my eyes and walk away from guys like this, but my objective was to make Jake jealous so I flirted with him; besides he was cute.  

"Hey sexy!" I said turning to face him head on.  

"What's your name?" he asked. 

"Hmmm, that's for me to know and you to find out," I said. He chuckled 

"So how about you give me a dance?" he asked placing his hand on my hips.  

"Sure," I said as we walked to where most people were dancing. 'Little freak' by Usher and Nikki Minaj was blasting on the stereo.  

"So," the guy said in my ear, "What's it going to take for me to get your name?" 

"For starters, you can tell me yours," I replied. 

"Darian," he responded. 

"Darian," I repeated. "I like it, but the song just ended and your time is up," I said walking away from him.  

I leaned against a table as guy number 13 approached me. Yes I had been counting as all types of guys came up to me. Tall ones, short one, chubby ones, fat ones, skinny ones, muscular ones, Asian guys, black guys, white guys, and Hispanic guys;. I was so tired from dancing. I ran my eyes over the guy in front of me who was approaching me. He was tall, white, with tanned skin. He had blue eyes and brownish blond hair.

"Hey," he said as he approached me. 

"Hey," I replied. 

"You want to dance," he asked me. I started to say no until I spotted Jake. I felt like my heart was going to jump out my chest and run over there to him. 'Keep your emotions in check' I repeated inside my head. I looked out my peripheral vision and saw that Jake's gaze was on me. That determined my answer.