Chapter 43: Tri-Prism

Start from the beginning

"Are you ready everyone? The free-for-all fight starts now!" He announced.

There was a split second pause, then everyone nodded at each other as if they knew what's going to happen next. Giving some sort of signal to each other, all of their familiars came charging towards Rindou, to my surprise.

Wait?!

When did they team up?!

Mitsumi's rainbow-colored FuzzBall and Hana's Wind Faeri darted in the air as they headed straight towards Rindou. Aoyama's Blue Hatchling, on the other hand, flew on a different direction, hoping to catch Rindou at her blind spot. Meanwhile, Yume's Thorned Dragon, Rin's FireCat, and Kirihara's Green Slime and Kageyami charged forward, probably using their numbers for their advantage.

This is unfair.  I thought as I looked at Shiro Rindou. She seemed to catch on my thought since she nodded in response. Well, not that it matters anyway.

Now that the Blue Fire challenged the winner to a fight with the Blue Phoenix, I found no more reason to hold back since I haven't seen the Blue Phoenix in action. It's like waiting in line just to get the autograph of your favorite artist while making sure that no one gets ahead of you. For me, this is what it felt like. I was curious about the Blue Phoenix's ability and of course, curious about Rindou's capability as well. That's why, I decided to test it out, so we could get ready for our next fight, hopefully.

"Rindou, can you really transform into anything?" 

"Yes, master, but I can only transform into anyone or anything that I've seen." She replied. "I'm really sorry, master, but there are limits on my transformation. Please forgive my shortcomings."

"Eto, you don't have to apologize." I assured her. "Your abilities are good enough as it is. But by any chance, do you know about the summoned beast nicknamed the Lochness Monster ?"

"Yes, master."

"That's so cool!" I exclaimed. "Don't worry, I think we'll be able to win this thing. I already got a plan in mind." I told her as I relayed my plan in whispers.

"Understood, master."

"And stop with the master already." I told her. "You know, you can call me anything you want, just don't call me master. I mean, you're not my servant at all, you're a fellow irregular and my familiar for me." I continued so she won't get offended.

"Hai, onii-sama." She replied, coping with the situation in a flash.

Wait?! What did she just say?!

Onii-sama?!

Eh?!!!

Before everyone's familiars reached Rindou, she transformed into a white Lochness Monster and dumped a deluge of swirling waters to the Familiars charging at her. Without a second to spare, she immediately shifted into a White Phoenix and hurled flaming hot fire balls at the flying familiars. It was all too fast that no one was able to utter a single command to their familiars. They just stared as their familiars were slowly washed towards them.

Rindou undoubtedly won in just a few seconds.

"Not yet!" Kirihara exclaimed, commanding his green slime. "We still haven't lost!"

Kirihara's green slime slowly stirred, then it charged its way towards Shiro Rindou in one burst of speed. Kirihara's eyes got wider and wider as his green slime got closer. "Almost there!" Kirihara shouted.

Unfortunately, Shiro Rindou didn't give the familiar a chance to get near her. She immediately transformed into a white dragon and toasted the green slime using her fire-breath. The slime didn't have a chance at all, it just fell into a useless puddle of gross-looking stuff as Kirihara disappointingly approached it. "We were almost there, Ero. You did well." He tearfully said.