Chapter 20 - The Offer

Start from the beginning

"Why the Noah?" Allen asked with concern.

"Its because to demons Innocence is as toxic as cyanide to them, but Dark matter is like alcohol." Tyki explained. "Akuma and Noah create suffering to humans and themselves when they're Noah powers awakens. Hatred, fear and suffering. A perfect concoction of negative emotions, a perfect meal for demons to feed off. Because of that, Noah are even easier to possesses then normal humans. Because while our bodies are indestructible our hearts..." He cuts himself off. "Well... we are still human."

"Without the Millennium Earl we have had some losing battles..." Tyki admitted.

Allen felt guilt flush through him. Was this his actions that caused others to suffer here? Did he really damage the Earl enough that he hasn't returned? Was the Fourteenth's existence some how hurting his return? It was the Fourteenth's goal to devour the Earl so that he would become the Next Millennium Earl. To become one being again. Allen bit his lip. 'But... that didn't happen.'

"So the other purpose of the Black Division is to save you're family?" Shiemi asked with an innocent smile.

Tyki stared at her and smiled. "Yes."

That was something that would be completely and utterly unheard of during Allen's time as an exorcist. Allen has no clue how to feel about this. A mixture a sympathy for Tyki and everyone and maybe even from Nea being tied to the Noah family; but also fear and dread of the possibility of history repeating again. Of even more people suffering because of the Millennium Earl and his Akuma.

"So even though you're super human you're helpless against demons?" Rin asked bluntly.

"Not helpless. Just an easy target if you're a new Noah." Road remarked. "No demon would even think to lay a hand on me of all people. Not without losing it. Since I am the oldest Noah after all."

"Really?" Shima blinked. "So you really don't age at all?"

"Maybe!" She chirped.

"What do you mean maybe?" Bon questioned.

"She means that maybe noah age extremely slowly and maybe not all. Like demons and other supernatural creatures." Yukio's voice suddenly spoke up.

The young exorcist walked up and joined the group. He had returned from his phone call. "Perhaps in another hundred years or so she could pass as a High school senior. Or maybe not. She would just have to live long enough to find out." He mused.

The class seemed to accept that. Finding Yukio explanation interesting. Allen zones out of Aka's lecturers. Instead he catches on to Rin saying something to Yukio.

"Hey, who are these guys? And why do they know Allen?" Rin asked pointing to Road and Tyki.

Yukio pushed his glasses up the bridge of his nose. "Road Camelot and Tyki Mikk are the only surviving members of the previous generation of the Noah family. They are first Class exorcists and one of the strongest Exorcists in True Cross." He explained. "That said they are not well trusted or popular, like Mephisto."

"I can understand that." Rin admitted. "But that doesn't answer my other question."

"Because I don't know why." Yukio seemed a bit irritated that he didn't know either. "Maybe since he's listening to us he could tell us."

The brothers then look at Allen at the same time. Allen made a little surprised noise, he has been sprung. They seem to expect Allen to give them an answer.

"They... they know my Master." That strictly wasn't a lie. Allen continues coming up with his story. "I met them while I was still being trained by him." That was one.