|L-O-V-E| Haruka x Reader ♡

Fluff; Song Fic
Free!! Eternal Summer
Published: 3/7/18

🎵🎵🎵

Your POV:

"Thank you for helping out, (Y/N)," Gou, I mean Kou, bows with appreciation, "The finals are coming up and I thought I could use someone with expert swimming advice!"

"I only work at the local swimming club..." I scratch my neck bashfully, "You're my friend anyway, Kou!"

"Thanks," she starts pointing to four different guys I have never met with before, "The one with the blue hair and glasses is Rei. His specialty is the butterfly. Over there is Nagisa. He's really good at breaststroke. The tall guy by Amakata Sensei is Makoto and he does the backstroke. And the one with dark blue hair swimming like a dolphin, Haruka. He likes to do free and nothing else."

Underneath the chlorine-filled water, the image of the 'dolphin' was slightly distorted from the rippling waves. I tune out whatever Kou was talking about as I examine the swimmer who emerges from the pool. My eyes widen at the glorious sight.

His navy blue locks flip like an idol's but in slo-mo. Water drips off his well-chiseled chest and hair. But out of all the numerous things that appear godly in my eyes, it was his eyes.

Irises that had resembled the clear, transparent color of ocean tides pierces me straight in the heart, almost like an arrow. His eyes didn't unnerve me or made me uncomfortable in any way. It did the opposite actually.

It felt like a mighty gust of wind blew in my direction. His gaze had a manly yet gently feel to it if that makes sense.

Before long, I can tell I was staring at him and a small hand waves in front of my face.

"(Y/N)!" Kou snaps me back to reality, "What are you looking at? Have you been listening to what I had just said?"

"Uh, noooooo?" I chuckle nervously, "Sorry, I was...occupied...by something."

"What was that exactly," she places her hands on her hips, "Well, anyway, I want you to help Rei with other swimming techniques starting with the backstroke. I hope you brought your swimsuit!"

"Of course I did," I become flustered, "It's just that I feel a bit embarrassed. The swimsuit shows a bit too much of me."

"Even better," the maroon-haired girl beams, "With a body like yours, you shouldn't be afraid to show what you have! If you felt uncomfortable, why didn't you just bring a different one?"

"My school one got soiled," I frown, "That was the only one I had."

"Too bad," she ushers me into a bathroom, "Go and get changed. After that, do what I asked you to do earlier."

Nodding meekly, I step into a bathroom stall and pull out two articles of clothing from my bag.

"Sigh," I slip out of my school uniform, "This will be the end of me..."

Haru's POV:

"Makoto..." I trail off as I stare at the two girls disappearing off into the bathroom, "Who was that?"

"The girl with Kou Chan?" Makoto drys his hair with a towel that matches his eyes, "I think she's a friend of Kou and I've seen her helping out at Sasabe's swimming club."

"Oh," I continue to stare blankly at the closed bathroom door.

"What're you looking, Haru Chan?" Nagisa comes up to me and follows my gaze, "The bathroom...?"