chapter 27

Amy's POV

   Oh my God, what have I done!!,

I placed my palms over my face as the memories of last night flooded in,

w-what is wrong with me, why did I kiss him? and say all those things?!

  I jerked my head up, glancing frantically at the room, trying, rather hoping to see if I was actually in my room, and last night was all just a very long dream.

But it wasn't, this is definitely Drew's room.

I slipped my hands into my hair and pulled it, "oh my God!" I whispered out

  "Hey, are you alright?" I jerked my head towards the familiar looking stranger,

  Isn't that Drew's brother? Nate, I know because Drew has shown me pictures of him before.

   I was looking at him, but I was too shocked to answer, I was still trying to process last night.

   "you are probably hung-over, I'm Nate, Drew's older brother" he said, waiting for me to say something, but all I did was stare at him with wide eyes.

  He rubbed his neck awkwardly, "err.. Come downstairs for breakfast, eating should help, Drew is waiting for us"

  Drew!, h-he's home?,

I slowly got up from the bed and immediately regretted it,

urrgh, my head, is this what it means to be hung-over?,

I stood still, waiting for my beating head to calm down.

when the pain was bearable, I noticed my phone next to the pillow and picked it up, there was a missed call from dad.

how did my phone get there?, wait, how did I get in these clothes?, I thought looking down at myself.

I have no memory of changing.

I held my forehead, hoping it would help, but it didn't.

Nate, Drew's brother, gave me an awkward smile then turned to leave,

    I followed behind him as he led us downstairs, on getting to the stairway I stopped.

Do I really wanna go down there?

  Drew is there, how am I supposed to face him?, how will he look at me?, how will I explain what I did?

I was fidgeting and mentally pacing back and forth

  You know what Amy, let's just acknowledge it, apologize and tell him it was a mistake. Simple.

Yes, that's what I'll do, no need to wor-

  "are you alright?" I saw Nathan looking at me

  I nodded, I know I'm being rude and should say something, but I don't think I can,

  I took a deep breath in and breathed out through my mouth, trying to boost my confidence and calm my nerves, then continued walking, counting the stairs as we descended.

Unfortunately they were only twenty-two steps.

  I could smell pancakes and eggs as we entered the kitchen, Drew had his back turned to us, he was doing the dishes, thank God.

I stood next to the eating table, staring at the suddenly interesting looking chair

  "mission completed, I expect payment soon" Drew's brother, Nathan said, walking towards Drew.

  What mission?

  "why didn't you tell me she was mute?" I heard Nate whisper to Drew,

  "she's not" I heard Drew reply.