Prologue

"you are the size of a baby elephant" my crush said, laughing and pointing at me.

"I'm pretty sure if she falls on her back she wouldn't be able to stand back up" one of his friend said, pushing me down whilst laughing.

I fell to my knees, holding the green grass around me in a grip,

"I bet she can't even see her toes because of her big fat belly" now all five of them were laughing.

  My eyes stung as tears filled them, why are they doing this to me? What did I do to deserve this?

My grip tightened on the grass, threatening to pull them out,

"I can't believe she actually thought you liked her, what a freak" one said in disgust.

  I felt my heart tighten as I held my chest, hanging my head down, the tears from my eyes watering the grass,

Why did I come here?, why did I do this to myself?,

Oh yes, I remember now, I came to 'confess' to my 'crush'.
I should have known something wasn't right, I should have known.

Their laughter echoed in my ears, as tears continued to rain down my eyes.

I'm such a fool.

  Two days earlier, that was when it all started, when I played into their prank.
I saw a letter in my locker, from Andrew Michealson — my so called crush.

In it, he wrote a beautiful poem, stating how he liked me and knew I felt the same way, all he wanted was to hear me say it, so we could date.
It read;

I see the glance
I see the smiles
Don't try to hide
It's in your eyes

I like you
And I know you feel the same,
This is my confession
So confess and say my name,

In two days time,
Come to sealine park
And Make your mark
All it takes is a spark
And we will start.

I felt a lump in my throat just thinking about it. I should have known, he had never spoken to me before then, the only interaction we had was when I fell from 'bumping' into him once, even though people around told me he pushed me down, I didn't believe.

Now here I am, being ridiculed and laughed at.

I ran home with tear gushing down my eyes, the sound of their laugher ringing in my ears and a growing lump in my throat.

when I got home, I found my mom cleaning in the kitchen, So I did what every thirteen year old would do—I ran to her crying.

"Mom! Mom!" I threw my arms round her waist.

"Oh my gosh! Darling what's wrong?" She asked in a fright.

"mom some kids from school were laughing at me and calling me names" I cried into her stomach.

mom looked at me shocked at first, but then a look of understanding followed. she knew how happy and bubbly I was when I left the house.

She bent to my level and hugged me tighter, comforting me until I was drained of all my tears.
We stayed there quietly as I whimpered in her neck,

When she figured I was calm enough, she pulled away from the hug slightly and cupped my face with her soft palms

"My darling listen to me, do not let what people say bother you, you are beautiful and amazing inside-out, don't ever try to be something you're not, as long as you're happy with yourself then whatever people say doesn't matter, but if you're not happy, work towards what you want and then be happy"