CHAPTER 21

Its been two days since I last saw Drew.

After the weird conversation we had at my house on Monday, Drew hasn't been to school and I'm a little worried, I wanted to call him but I couldn't.

"That's all for today class, leave your assignment on my desk as you leave" Mr Eric said.

I turned back to where Drew usually sits in this class, and as expected Drew is not in his seat.

I Sighed and went back to packing my things

"Miss Monroe can I have a word" Mr Eric said, drawing my attention.

What now?

I walked up to him with my books in hands, the class was almost empty now.

"I'm aware you and Drew are close friends so I assume your in contact with him. He did tell us he would be leaving town with his family for a week, but you need to let him know this assignment is a big part of his C.A, so he must bring it in by Monday, that's the best I can do" he said.

What? Drew's out of town? why didn't he tell me he was leaving? why don't I know this?

I know why, because I didn't go check on him, I was too scared to face him, I don't know wha-

"Miss Monroe?"

"Miss Monroe? are you listening to me?" I heard the teacher say.

"Erm.. yeah, sure, I'll let him know" I replied.

"Good"

I turned to the door, walking away, I can't believe Drew didn't tell me he was leav-

"Miss Monroe, your assignment" Mr Eric said tiredly.

"Oh yeah.. sorry" I walked back to his desk and placed it down with an apologetic smile before walking away.

What the fuck is wrong with me?, I can't get Drew out of my head, I'm always thinking about him, where is he?, what's he doing?, why hasn't he called me? and when I'm not thinking about him I'm thinking about the kiss and how it felt, or how-

"Amies wait up" Raven said as she ran up to me. She was wear her natural hair in a fro, with beautiful pins and clips, giving her an aesthetic look.

I smiled "I really like when you wear your hair like this, it's so pretty" I said as she got to me

"Me too." She replied "just that my hair gets frizzy easily, it's like this now 'cause I deep conditioned it over the weekend. I gonna go braid it this weekend tho, My mum got me some new hair extensions" she said, touching her hair gently.

"I don't know how you say those braids aren't painful when it looks so tight"

She laughed "babe trust me, it's not that bad, as long as they don't pick the edges it doesn't hurt" she replied

"Anyway, how was your class?" I asked

"boring as usual, let's go together, we both have history"

"Yeah sure."    "did you know Drew left town for the week?" maybe I wasn't the only one he didn't tell.

"Yeah, he told me, why?"

"He told you?!!"

then why didn't he tell me? heck,

why didn't she tell me?

I sighed, I know why, because I've been avoiding any topic about Drew

"Yeah, didn't he tell you?"

I look at my hands "no"

"Well, didn't you notice he hadn't been in school for a while now?" she rose her brow