I open a few more presents from them all and they finally give me a joint present. I open the small box and see a small ring with a few tiny diamonds on - one for each of them. I gasp and look at it closely, watching how it sparkles. It looks similar to how they sparkle but not quite the same.

Edward smiles. "We though that just because you can't 'sparkle' the way we do, you can do so in your own way."

"You guys... have given me more than I could ever have asked for. Thank you all. From the bottom of my heart." I whisper.

They smile and Alice holds a white, creased envelope in her hands. I look at it closely as she holds it out... nanas letter. "Its time you open it."

"N-no." I whisper and look away.

Rosalie takes it and everyone leaves quietly, probably because she gave her death glare. She stands a little behind me, but still close enough to reach out and touch me if she wants.

"I'll read. You listen." She says softly. I hear her unfold the letter.

'My sweet, sweet Adley FiFi.
The day your mother told me I was going to be a grandma I cried. I cried in fear, joy, love, excitement... I cried for the life you were going to get to live.
But as you know, it didn't turn out the way I ever expected. The day I became your guardian was a knock to my trust - here was my beautiful, bright eyed Fifi, scared and tattered. How could someone do that to her? That day forward I promised you and myself to always love and protect you, to hold you close to my heart and to always give you the life you deserve. I swore to myself that I would never trust you in anyone's hands every again.
Again, my plans were foiled by God for some reason. I was angry; why was he doing this to you again? What could I have possibly done to have this happen to you...'

Rose stops as she sees the tears stream. Her hand gently takes mine. "Keep going." I demand in a barely audible whisper. She continues.

' You deserve the world, my love. You are going to get better, I feel it. You deserve a family, a real mom and dad, brothers and sisters... and I'm one hundred percent sure you will get there.
Promise me, FiFi. Promise you will be happy. And that you will not cry for me. Don't forget me - don't you dare - but do move on and don't wallow over me. Or I'll haunt you!
Happy birthday, my princess. I'm sorry I'm not there.
Goodbye My sweet FiFi.
My heart.
My soul.
My existence.
I love you dearly,
Nana.'

I burst into tears in the end and Rosalie pulls me close, holding me against her chest. She holds me tightly and whispers in my ear. "Shhh it's okay honey. You needed to hear that, you needed to move on like she asked. You do deserve the world and you need to experience it. Stop holding onto the past."